2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Leonickroberts »

Pykie wrote:Latin American rag has linked us to a 20m bid for Argentine Thiago Almada overnight on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/LatinTribun/status/ ... 1478599682

Man Utd, Man City, AC Milan and Arsenal have been interested recently as well.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... a-18287383
Seen this elsewhere as well. Obviously this is totally irrelevant, but Almada has become my star player at Leeds in a number of different FM games so I've got a real soft spot for him and would love to see him in an actual Leeds shirt!
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Leonickroberts wrote:
Pykie wrote:Latin American rag has linked us to a 20m bid for Argentine Thiago Almada overnight on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/LatinTribun/status/ ... 1478599682

Man Utd, Man City, AC Milan and Arsenal have been interested recently as well.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... a-18287383
Ha FM is sometimes very accurate. Although a few years ago Adryan was my star player and we know how that turner out.

Seen this elsewhere as well. Obviously this is totally irrelevant, but Almada has become my star player at Leeds in a number of different FM games so I've got a real soft spot for him and would love to see him in an actual Leeds shirt!
Pykie
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Pykie »

Luciano Becchio, who is now the agent of Jonathan Silva (Leganes) has said in the media that Leeds are currently talking to him about Silva.

The silly season has definitely begun!

Former striker Luciano Becchio, who played for the Whites between 2008 and 2013, was interviewed by El Show de la PL podcast to talk about their promotion this weekend.

The 36-year-old, who now works as a representative, was asked if there are any players he would suggest for Leeds United to sign this summer.

And he ended up revealing that he’s actually in talks with the club so they can sign one of his clients, Jonathan Silva, from Leganés.

“Of the players that I can recommend, it’s Jonathan Silva. Former Boca Juniors, he’s playing on the left-back at Leganés. In fact, we are already in contact with the club. Let’s see what happens in the future. We have him in the catalogue.”
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Pykie wrote:Luciano Becchio, who is now the agent of Jonathan Silva (Leganes) has said in the media that Leeds are currently talking to him about Silva.

Former striker Luciano Becchio, who played for the Whites between 2008 and 2013, was interviewed by El Show de la PL podcast to talk about their promotion this weekend.

The 36-year-old, who now works as a representative, was asked if there are any players he would suggest for Leeds United to sign this summer.

And he ended up revealing that he’s actually in talks with the club so they can sign one of his clients, Jonathan Silva, from Leganés.

“Of the players that I can recommend, it’s Jonathan Silva. Former Boca Juniors, he’s playing on the left-back at Leganés. In fact, we are already in contact with the club. Let’s see what happens in the future. We have him in the catalogue.”

Why is that silly ??

Leganés have just been relegated, we need a left-back and Becchio will naturally be welcome at Elland Road.
Sounds perfectly logical, especially if the player's any good.
Deleted User 728

Just checked him out on transfermarkt.com and he's played for Boca, Sporting, Roma and Leganés and has two caps for the Argentinian national side.
26 years old, played 33 times this season, scoring once and providing two assists in what's been a pretty poor season for the club.
Valued at just under £3m.

Could be just what we need :)
Deleted User 728

... although it lists his agent as a "Sergio Esayan" so I don't know where Luciano comes into it.
Pykie
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Pykie »

rigger wrote:
Pykie wrote:Luciano Becchio, who is now the agent of Jonathan Silva (Leganes) has said in the media that Leeds are currently talking to him about Silva.

Why is that silly ??

Leganés have just been relegated, we need a left-back and Becchio will naturally be welcome at Elland Road.
Sounds perfectly logical, especially if the player's any good.
Wasn't in reference to this particular transfer, more the point that we've been linked with around 7-8 players within the last 24 hrs.
Deleted User 728

Oh !

:D

Well, it's also a compressed close season with an elongated transfer window so the dynamics will be a bit weird for all parties, I'd imagine.
Speedcas 784
Giddy Kipper

Post by Speedcas 784 »

Cant see Bamford cutting the mustard in the Prem
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Speedcas 784 wrote:Cant see Bamford cutting the mustard in the Prem
Welcome to the forum - there's a new members section if you fancy introducing yourself. :thumbup:

We definitely need goals from a new striker, but personally I'm actually excited to see how Bamford gets on in the Prem. I'd like to think a couple of hard seasons in the Championship will give him the edge to properly bully some of the lesser Prem defenders into submission. He's not going to turn into a 30 goal a season premier league striker overnight (or ever) but that doesn't mean he won't be really useful, and still has room to improve.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’