2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Pykie
Terry Venables's car dealer

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Pykie »

If there's legs to these Cavani rumours........ :shock:
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

Prime Cavani must be the perfect Bielsa-striker. Now he is 33 and had a a season with some injury problems behind him, so there are questions. I believe he still got it, but boy people will be mistaken if they think Cavani is a striker that scores on all big chances. He is basically Bamford on steroids, complete and all round superb but still misses a lot of big chances.
MOT1919
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by MOT1919 »

Radrizzani does like to make a splash like he did with the Bielsa signing. Signing Cavani isn't out of the realm of possibility. A man can hope right.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

MOT1919 wrote:Radrizzani does like to make a splash like he did with the Bielsa signing. Signing Cavani isn't out of the realm of possibility. A man can hope right.
Surely his wage would be the major stumbling block.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Polkadot wrote:Prime Cavani must be the perfect Bielsa-striker. Now he is 33 and had a a season with some injury problems behind him, so there are questions. I believe he still got it, but boy people will be mistaken if they think Cavani is a striker that scores on all big chances. He is basically Bamford on steroids, complete and all round superb but still misses a lot of big chances.
This assessment is bang on Polka - I can't help but wonder whether any 33-year old will have the fitness and drive to be ready for Bielsaball, even if it is somebody with serious pedigree. In any other circumstances it'd be a no-brainer, but it'd be a hell of a move to bring in a 150k+ p/w striker only for Bielsa to not think he's fit enough and sit him on the bench behind Patrick Bamford :D.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Never mind Edison, I'm still waiting for Edmondson to be given a chance ..

Cavani is a no from me - too old, too knackered and too expensive.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

I’m struggling to see how any established high-earners will fit in to the squad. To me, it’s not just about upsetting the club’s existing wage structure, it’s about how a multi-millionaire, possibly in his early thirties, can summon up the motivation for the physical demands of training under Bielsa.

I think we’ll be looking for young, fit and hungry players, not well-known and highly paid stars.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

How mental is it that we're even discussing the possibility of a player like Cavani at Elland Road? Love it!

It would all depend on fitness, of course, and his willingness to put the hours in, but IF he was, the price probably isn't too prohibitive given he's a free agent. At £150k pw, that's about £8 million for a year. If he was up for it and fit, that might not be too bad of an investment for a season.

I don't think it will happen, like. But what a change to even be linked with players of that quality.
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

Hopefully we will invest significantly in the team/squad, but I see our strength, is that we know the Championship far better than most Premier league clubs.
We should be able to get some young, hungry, improving talent for a fraction of the price.
Who wouldn’t want to come to us at the moment?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Scott wrote:How mental is it that we're even discussing the possibility of a player like Cavani at Elland Road? Love it!

It would all depend on fitness, of course, and his willingness to put the hours in, but IF he was, the price probably isn't too prohibitive given he's a free agent. At £150k pw, that's about £8 million for a year. If he was up for it and fit, that might not be too bad of an investment for a season.

I don't think it will happen, like. But what a change to even be linked with players of that quality.
Absolutely this, it’s going to be fascinating to see how this summer goes.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.