2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by superfox »

rigger wrote:It's really not. It's way too early to be moaning about a lack of transfer activity. Give them some credit and a little time. Nobody has made many signings, most clubs having made one or two additions so far, if that.
According to Phil Hay, Bielsa wants only one new CB:

"From what I hear, Bielsa only wants one centre-back (White, ideally) despite Berardi’s injury. Berardi has had surgery on his ACL and will be out for six to nine months. Leeds are likely to hand him a contract anyway, which would be the decent thing to do, but there doesn’t seem to be a plan to sign cover from him specifically. This goes back to a point of conversation which crops up all the time. Bielsa likes a small squad."
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

superfox wrote:
rigger wrote:It's really not. It's way too early to be moaning about a lack of transfer activity. Give them some credit and a little time. Nobody has made many signings, most clubs having made one or two additions so far, if that.
According to Phil Hay, Bielsa wants only one new CB:

"From what I hear, Bielsa only wants one centre-back (White, ideally) despite Berardi’s injury. Berardi has had surgery on his ACL and will be out for six to nine months. Leeds are likely to hand him a contract anyway, which would be the decent thing to do, but there doesn’t seem to be a plan to sign cover from him specifically. This goes back to a point of conversation which crops up all the time. Bielsa likes a small squad."
I think we're basically replacing him by promoting Struijk.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

It’s virtually impossible to read every last post on this Brighton forum regarding Ben White, (there are almost 2,400 posts and counting), but interesting stuff.....

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthre ... -Ben-White
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
etrangier
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by etrangier »

The memes and discussion about Ben White at Brighton forum are hilarious :lol:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202008 ... c5fe11.jpg

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthre ... ost9453222

Anyway, I understand Liverpool want him as potential centre back (possibly, back up) after the Lovren's departure. Whatever, one thing is for sure: BW doesn't want to stay in Brighton.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Barlow Boy wrote:It’s virtually impossible to read every last post on this Brighton forum regarding Ben White, (there are almost 2,400 posts and counting), but interesting stuff.....

Brighton fans are absolutely deluded in general. I check out that forum quite a bit because there are 8 young Irish lads at Brighton.
They are very salty that Leeds are only just back in the league and already a bigger club in every single way.
I do like the team though and how the club is run. Very good operation in Brighton and wouldn't be a bad place to play either. Seaside on 50k a year. not bad is it :D
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

corkleedsmot wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:It’s virtually impossible to read every last post on this Brighton forum regarding Ben White, (there are almost 2,400 posts and counting), but interesting stuff.....

Brighton fans are absolutely deluded in general. I check out that forum quite a bit because there are 8 young Irish lads at Brighton.
They are very salty that Leeds are only just back in the league and already a bigger club in every single way.
I do like the team though and how the club is run. Very good operation in Brighton and wouldn't be a bad place to play either. Seaside on 50k a year. not bad is it :D
I prefer the glorious Yorkshire countryside
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

The rumour mill now saying Edouard is a prime target
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

I prefer the glorious Yorkshire countryside[/quote]

And the glorious Yorkshire coast :-)
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

whiteinfrance wrote:The rumour mill now saying Edouard is a prime target
Quite right. I think he'd be a revelation in our team.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Anyone else feel like the whole EPL is after the same players at the moment, and more than usual?

Clubs from top to bottom seem to all be after Edouard, Benrahma, Watkins, Eze, Ben White, Robinson (Wigan - not sure why we're not interested there) and a handful of others. Feels like a really competitive summer, so glad we're at least also looking overseas (Gonzalez etc).
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’