2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Leicester White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Leicester White wrote: BB, what are you thinking for your big bet for this season?
I’ve just started looking round to be honest mate, all the bookies are starting to put odds up.

I was looking for a straight forward us to stay up bet, expecting 4/7 or something like that, but it’s arond 1/5 so that’s not going to happen.

I then looked at the Top Half bet, but when you factor in the top 6, plus say Leicester, Everton, you’re down to around 3 places and at around 5/2 the odds are prohibitive really.

So, in a nutshell, I’m either down to a straight match bet between us and another club, or a ‘request-a-bet’ for us to get a certain number of points.

Are you doing something yourself ?
I jumped on the 100-1 for Top 4 which came out temporarily with with Bet 365 and when my Mrs said I should've put more than a tenner on it, the odds had been slashed to 33-1. I also took a piece of the 5-2 (which was 3-1), but agree not great odds for first season back. I thought we'd be outsiders to finish above Sheffield United and fancied that but we're odds on favourites! Seems like lots of Leeds fans are feeling bullish and have made all the odds pretty terrible :-) I think most Blades fans would give you Evens on finishing position if you fancy that and ask them. It'll be interesting where Sporting index put our finishing position ... hoping no higher than 13-14 in which case a spread bet might be interesting.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Mateusz Bogusz signs a new 3 year deal.

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1293155 ... 89664?s=19

Think this lad's gonna be some player.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leicester White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Leicester White wrote: BB, what are you thinking for your big bet for this season?
I’ve just started looking round to be honest mate, all the bookies are starting to put odds up.

I was looking for a straight forward us to stay up bet, expecting 4/7 or something like that, but it’s arond 1/5 so that’s not going to happen.

I then looked at the Top Half bet, but when you factor in the top 6, plus say Leicester, Everton, you’re down to around 3 places and at around 5/2 the odds are prohibitive really.

So, in a nutshell, I’m either down to a straight match bet between us and another club, or a ‘request-a-bet’ for us to get a certain number of points.

I jumped on the 100-1 for Top 4 which came out temporarily with with Bet 365 and when my Mrs said I should've put more than a tenner on it, the odds had been slashed to 33-1. I also took a piece of the 5-2 (which was 3-1), but agree not great odds for first season back. I thought we'd be outsiders to finish above Sheffield United and fancied that but we're odds on favourites! Seems like lots of Leeds fans are feeling bullish and have made all the odds pretty terrible :-) I think most Blades fans would give you Evens on finishing position if you fancy that and ask them. It'll be interesting where Sporting index put our finishing position ... hoping no higher than 13-14 in which case a spread bet might be interesting.
100/1 is always worth a punt, but I can’t see top 4 myself. That top half bet is decent enough, but realistically and as I said, once you’ve factored in the big clubs, there aren’t that many places left. That said, I’m sort of half talking myself into it now :D

I don’t mind odds-on, it’s worth it for the decent bet I have on and I looked at the Sheff Utd match bet myself, then started looking at a Brighton match bet.

It’s really difficult this year with the virus, delayed start and late transfer window - so you don’t really know the strength of all the teams. I’ll wait until the very last moment, might even put my bet on a few weeks in.

I’ve won my last 3, previous to that I lost 2 on the spin so I want to keep my record going :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

It's Matty Cash now we're after :crazy:
Going to add a quiz in the Quizzes & Games section "Who will be the next player linked with Leeds?"
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Wigan White wrote:Mateusz Bogusz signs a new 3 year deal.

I do too.
I also think he'll play a lot more next season, with Pablo being rested more.
He could be our secret weapon :)
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

rigger wrote:

I do too.
I’ve read somewhere today that Bogusz will be going out on loan this season.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

judy wrote:
rigger wrote:

I do too.
I’ve read somewhere today that Bogusz will be going out on loan this season.
I obviously haven't lost my Midas touch when it comes to judging players then :D
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Leicester White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

100/1 is always worth a punt, but I can’t see top 4 myself. That top half bet is decent enough, but realistically and as I said, once you’ve factored in the big clubs, there aren’t that many places left. That said, I’m sort of half talking myself into it now :D

I don’t mind odds-on, it’s worth it for the decent bet I have on and I looked at the Sheff Utd match bet myself, then started looking at a Brighton match bet.

It’s really difficult this year with the virus, delayed start and late transfer window - so you don’t really know the strength of all the teams. I’ll wait until the very last moment, might even put my bet on a few weeks in.

I’ve won my last 3, previous to that I lost 2 on the spin so I want to keep my record going :D
The last two times we got promoted to the Top flight, we made top 4! Pablo & KP are our Strachan & Batty ... just need to find a Gary Mac! :-) I think we will make two marquee signings (White/equivalent + one) and then it's game on.

I got suckered into the betting on my team when Cellino offered the refund if we were 7th or worse so I backed us for Top 6 as it felt wrong to want my team to do badly, then doubled up, then doubled up on the bet again - so monster win last season! :-)
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

HalifaxWhite wrote:So I thinking now that the Allen signing is the Pablo replacement box ticked. Reason being he plays mid or attack so will have a good balance in CAM. Also he is very young, it is not likely we will play with two in CM and one in CAM in our first season back very often (more of a late match sub like towards the end of this season) we will probs have KP, Klich and another in CM to keep it solid.

That gives Allen an extra year to develop with help from Pablo I think whilst making the cup games and odd league sub appearance.

Gelhart is backup/future CF, meaning we are still looking for a first choice competition for PB, someone like Edouard or David. As discussed already CB cover sorted by having Ayling cover and Struijk,

so just need our starting CB hopefully White and need a LB still

I think all in all we might see 3 more signings, White, LB, CF.

At a push maybe another keeper and winger backup.

I'd be pretty happy with the extra 3 and delighted with the 5.
I think that Allen's more of a ST than an attacking midfielder, plus he's 16 so I doubt he'd be one of the youngsters first in line to first team action. I think that Wigan's Sean McGurk - who we've also been linked with - is a young attacking midfielder though.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Leicester White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Joe Gelhardt now confirmed........

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... e-gelhardt
I'm thinking White plus one who is ready now to improve our 1st team and we will do a Wolves/Blades and finish top half - 5-2 odds.

BB, what are you thinking for your big bet for this season?
I saw elsewhere Bielsa was at 6-1 to win a manager of the month award this season. All it will take is a hot month.