2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:Swansea thought Pablo was past it four years ago and I think, sadly, time has caught up with him but he's been nothing but a superb servant of Leeds United since he walked through the doors so I wish him well but do actually think he should go if he wants to continue playing on a regular basis. You're a long time retired as a player and all that ..

Given that Forshaw will be out for the entire season, that means we're two midfielders down so I would like to see one brought in. Shack hasn't played enough either for me, so he needs to be factored in and "promoted" in the pecking order if Pablo does go, but I'd still like another proper midfielder to be signed, not a wide-man who can play inside, but an out-and-out central midfielder.
I can't see anyone being sold unless they're a kid (like we did with Clarke) and we get silly money being offered.

I still want Casillas out of the club.
Maybe bring in an older keeper as back-up if we can get shot of him.

Orta has done some fine work in the last year so let's see which European unknowns he brings in eh ?
Sadly I agree with you re Pablo Rigger. I've loved every minute I've seen of Rodrigo so far this season, and Pablo has looked every bit his age on the pitch. Would like to think he could still deliver, and I'm sure there will be games where he could come on and open things up, but not enough to justify him staying when he could be the main man elsewhere.

Completely agree on Casilla. Terrible badge aside, this is the one major mark against the ownership over the past 3 years. Get him out, sign an older back-up who's happy playing little but can share some wisdom with Meslier (not that he seems to need it).

I'd love to see a proper no.8, but it's hard to think what the profile of such a player might be given Klich and KP are justifiably nailed on. Somebody like Cuissance (who's looked phenomenal for Marseille) would maybe fit the bill in terms of age and ambition, but whoever it is would obviously need to be willing to work hard for a place in the team. Riqui Puig is a name that's been mentioned and would fit the bill perfectly, but would presumably be a loan given how good he looks.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Leonickroberts wrote: Riqui Puig is a name that's been mentioned and would fit the bill perfectly, but would presumably be a loan given how good he looks.
Oh I don't know about that, I'm sure the ladies think some of our current squad are quite good looking !
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

Davycc wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote: Riqui Puig is a name that's been mentioned and would fit the bill perfectly, but would presumably be a loan given how good he looks.
Oh I don't know about that, I'm sure the ladies think some of our current squad are quite good looking !
:D :D :D Good point - no Spanish 21-year old could ever have the same effect as a 32-year-old Gaetano Berardi!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Leonickroberts wrote:
:D :D :D Good point - no Spanish 21-year old could ever have the same effect as a 32-year-old Gaetano Berardi!

Berardi is on my list.
I think he's gorgeous.
Seriously :shh:

If I was that way inclined .. :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Koch out for 3 months, it gets worse, Llorente also out for 2 to 3 weeks with a muscle injury :thumbdown:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

From the presser (v West Ham).

Bielsa says we are not looking at another CB in January, seems happy with Ayling, Pascal and Phillips as back up to Cooper, Koch and Llorente.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

I just don't understand how your two posts relate to each other BB. It's madness to only have 1 fit first choice CB and still not be looking to bring in backup. No doubting that Struijk, Phillips and Ayling can do a job there, but a) not to the same standard; and b) moving Ayling in or Phillips back leaves gaps elsewhere.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

He's got to bring Davis in at DL if Ayling is covering in the middle, with Dallas switching to DR.

I think Struijk will be the first option having said that.
That's fine, I like him, but .. here's a thing .. what if someone else gets injured ?
It's just not enough, is it ?

I love Bielsa - and I'm getting bored saying this - but his reliance on a tiny squad and not rotating is what has stopped him from being the best.
Most influential in the last thirty years ? Yes, resoundingly, yes.
Most successful ? Not even in the top 100 ..

I don't care, of course.
I wouldn't swap him for anyone and it's a brilliant journey we're on.
So long as we stay up :)
janecky
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by janecky »

Alioski will continue as left back.
Team: Meslier, Dallas, Cooper, Ayling, Alioski, Philips, Raphinha, Klich, Rodrido, Harrison, Bamford.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leonickroberts wrote:I just don't understand how your two posts relate to each other BB. It's madness to only have 1 fit first choice CB and still not be looking to bring in backup. No doubting that Struijk, Phillips and Ayling can do a job there, but a) not to the same standard; and b) moving Ayling in or Phillips back leaves gaps elsewhere.
Both bits came from the presser, in one breath MB saying Llorente is out for 2/3 weeks, and then went on to say they will be relying on Ayling, Pascal and Phillips to play back up. As you say, gaps appear elsewhere, presumably MB is happy with the replacements in those positions too.