2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by MOT1964 »

Shadwell White wrote:Here's a new name we've been strongly linked today. Rodrigo de Paul
He was a target last summer but we did not meet Udinese's valuation.
bc grinner
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by bc grinner »

Rumblings about Ross Barkley being up for grabs this summer. Any interest if Bielsa could get ahold of him and work his magic?
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

bc grinner wrote:Rumblings about Ross Barkley being up for grabs this summer. Any interest if Bielsa could get ahold of him and work his magic?
He's obviously technically very good, but I think there's too much tactical fog in his brain from a v up and down career for him to be Bielsa-ified in terms of movement, footballing intelligence and fitness, so it's probably a no from me.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
bc grinner

Post by bc grinner »

Leonickroberts wrote:
bc grinner wrote:Rumblings about Ross Barkley being up for grabs this summer. Any interest if Bielsa could get ahold of him and work his magic?
He's obviously technically very good, but I think there's too much tactical fog in his brain from a v up and down career for him to be Bielsa-ified in terms of movement, footballing intelligence and fitness, so it's probably a no from me.
It does seem like Barkley’s weakness is between the ears. Makes me wonder if Bielsa’s philosophy of drilling different scenarios until reaction becomes automatic might not be just what he needs. It’ll be curious to see how far his market value has dropped.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Must admit when Barkley got into the Everton first team following his loan spells including here I thought he was going to be a world beater.
Actually think he has stagnated despite plenty of games for England, good MB help him fulfill his potential I'm not sure he would like our methods.
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

I can’t see it . Barkley is nowhere near mobile enough for a bielsa side, he also looks like he’s carrying 10kg of excess baggage
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier... so, no thanks.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

It's a sign of how un-worried we are by transfers that this thread is getting such little action these days.

Nice new rumour this morning that we're after the catchily-named Khvicha Kvaratskhelia from Rubin Kazan. Tricky young winger who Bayern are also sniffing around. As always, the youtube clips make him look like Ronaldinho. Also fresh links to Cagliari midfielder Nahitan Nandez.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Julian Draxler from PSG I read somewhere this morning.

Expect more & more rumours will be doing the rounds as we reach media madness season.

I say first target should be get MB signed up for another year.
bc grinner

Post by bc grinner »

Any thoughts on Nicolas Tagliafico? Sounds like Ajax is willing to sell and Inter Milan has the inside track (along with Rodrigo De Paul) but I wonder what the collapse of the Super League is going to have on some of these future Big 12 team deals.