2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Selby White »

DominanceUK wrote:Koch to have surgery on his knee. Haven't seen any timeline on it but I would imagine he's out until next year
Do we know what the op was, knees can be anything from cartlidge (6 weeks ish) to ligament (up to 6 month) or even career threatening.
Hope the shorter but it gives Llorente his chance.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Apparently Koch did the damage to his knee at Anfield & has had problems since. Hopefully he’s back by Christmas until then Llorente will step in.
Winner of the Europa League
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Selby White wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:Koch to have surgery on his knee. Haven't seen any timeline on it but I would imagine he's out until next year
Do we know what the op was, knees can be anything from cartlidge (6 weeks ish) to ligament (up to 6 month) or even career threatening.
Hope the shorter but it gives Llorente his chance.
I haven't seen anything, Selbs. Hopefully he's back sooner rather than later.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Just had a quick browse, found some info from Adam Pope saying that Koch hopes to be back before spring. Such a shame if that's true, he was getting better each game.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Terrible news about Koch, it’ll be some time before we see him again.

Club statement here......

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... ee-surgery
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
janecky
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by janecky »

Koch is speaking about spring in this interview:
https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/fuss ... .bild.html

I guess he is thinking of "spring round", the second part of the season.
Last edited by janecky on 08 Dec 2020, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

This is bad news for both the team and lad. If he is talking about spring then that's his season pretty much over. The club will have to act quickly, this isn't the Championship where you might get away with playing Ayling there or a young lad from the u23s, there is no way that Cooper and Llorente will both stay fit throughout a long season or avoid the odd suspension. We need another quality centre half sharpish, preferably one who can win a header.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Shadwell White wrote: We need another quality centre half sharpish, preferably one who can win a header.
Not sure how with the transfer window closed.

Even in January I doubt many of the right calibre will be available. Always think its the time Clubs panic buy someone else's "not wants".

So fingers crossed with Llorente for me, not too worked up about the Chelsea match as they are a long way in front of us, all part of our learning curve.
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

I agree that might have been the case in the championship with a transfer spending cap and a limited budget. We are playing with the big boys now and there will be plenty of clubs that will accept multi million pound offers. That seemed to happen to us enough times in the past.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Shadwell White wrote:I agree that might have been the case in the championship with a transfer spending cap and a limited budget. We are playing with the big boys now and there will be plenty of clubs that will accept multi million pound offers. That seemed to happen to us enough times in the past.
I still think getting the quality will be an issue but you never know.
Two fold really partly what I said earlier that Clubs don't want to lose good players in the January window.
And partly would someone with ambition fancy coming in January, taking while Feb to get Marcelo Match fit then been potentially on the bench when Koch returns in march.

Saying all that I agree we are a CB short if we work on the principle we need two dedicated players competing for each position.
I believe Llorente's favoured position is left sided CB sameas Coops so we actually don't have anyone that is a direct replacement for Koch (athough of course LLorente can still play there). Last season Berardi was cover for White at Right side CB but as we know he isn't going to feature due to injury.

Perhaps going by my theory that the squad lacks a Right sided CB its possible we were actually looking even before the injury to Koch, you never know.