2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

HalifaxWhite wrote:There has been talk of Douglas leaving and people on here backing it including myself. However, Dallas is our current LB and he has played a lot of minutes over these internationals. I think we should keep Douglas as backup until we get a loan or championship LB in for cover. Dallas will need a rest and I don't like Alioski at LB.
Prior to the transfer window, I thought we would definitely sign a left back, particularly when Douglas put a post on his Twitter account which seemed to indicate he would be going shortly. We might still get one in, but it looks like MB is perfectly happy with Dallas at LB.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:There has been talk of Douglas leaving and people on here backing it including myself. However, Dallas is our current LB and he has played a lot of minutes over these internationals. I think we should keep Douglas as backup until we get a loan or championship LB in for cover. Dallas will need a rest and I don't like Alioski at LB.
Prior to the transfer window, I thought we would definitely sign a left back, particularly when Douglas put a post on his Twitter account which seemed to indicate he would be going shortly. We might still get one in, but it looks like MB is perfectly happy with Dallas at LB.
And I agree I think he does a fantastic job there and is full of running but if we are to offload Douglas we need a new backup is all I'm saying and I'd rather we got one in first otherwise clubs try have our pants down as they'll know we're in need.
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
And I agree I think he does a fantastic job there and is full of running but if we are to offload Douglas we need a new backup is all I'm saying and I'd rather we got one in first otherwise clubs try have our pants down as they'll know we're in need.
Don’t you think, that Leif Davis can do the job?
Deleted User 10260

Post by Deleted User 10260 »

John Dane wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Don’t you think, that Leif Davis can do the job?
I do :thumbup:

Add the fact our manager used him from the bench against Man City when there was more experienced options suggest he also rates him.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Leeds United are expected to secure the signing of Todd Cantwell from Norwich City before the transfer window closes at 5pm on Friday. (Daily Star)
Seems to still be on the cards?
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Barry Douglas supposedly in talks with Blackburn.

Feel sorry for him getting promoted with Wolves and then us but being sold both times without making an appearance in the Premier League.
Seems like a good lad to have around and never really let us down when called upon.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

BrighouseWhite wrote:Barry Douglas supposedly in talks with Blackburn.

Feel sorry for him getting promoted with Wolves and then us but being sold both times without making an appearance in the Premier League.
Seems like a good lad to have around and never really let us down when called upon.
It never really seemed to happen for him last season, or the season before either to a lesser extent, not once did we get one of those left footed free kick goals.

As you say promoted twice, then in effect demoted, the promotion bonuses will cushion the blow but it must dent his confidence somewhat.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Reported in press that Victor Orta is considering this!
Derby County want £10million for Leeds United target Louie Sibley ahead of Friday’s domestic deadline
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

BrighouseWhite wrote:Barry Douglas supposedly in talks with Blackburn.

Agreed, he was never helped by injuries then ultimately Dallas made that spot his own, if he leaves I wish him all the best, great pro.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Will be sad to see Douglas go a very cultured player but he’s had so many problems with injury. If he does go I wish him all the luck.
Winner of the Europa League