2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby superfox » 15 Oct 2020, 16:10

NottinghamWhite wrote:Buendía of Norwich is the latest rumour.

Hope not, he is not the player we need now.
superfox
Brian McDermott's optician
 
Posts: 244
Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 20:28

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Barlow Boy » 15 Oct 2020, 16:13

Barlow Boy wrote:Robbie Gotts set to go on loan to Lincoln.

Now confirmed......

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... ty-on-loan
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 9235
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 19:28
Location: Barlow, obviously.

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby HalifaxWhite » 15 Oct 2020, 16:34

Market's gone mad.

Karlam Grant. £15 million!!!

Said Benhrama. £30 million!!

Two players with one good year in the championship under them. Absolutely wild.

West Ham paying over the odds for SB doesn't surprise me as they've been doing bad deals for years but West Brom paying that for Grant is a big surprise.

Makes Bamford £10million look and absolute steal now. And selling Pontus for £5 million daylight robbery by Brentford.
HalifaxWhite
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser
 
Posts: 523
Joined: 14 Aug 2015, 10:35

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby corkleedsmot » 15 Oct 2020, 16:56

.

1. Dates on contracts are not set in stone when there are exceptional circumstances. Promotion is the defining issue here. You're applying a simplistic analysis of the workings of the legal process. Ask any contract or litigation lawyer. We were promoted, we will be paying out.

2. RBL have appealed to both FIFA and the CAS. Both have Swiss HQs and use Swiss law.The latter also has courts in Sydney, New York and at Olympic venues using the relevant local system. CAS is independent, and FIFA will have no say on the verdict if it's held there, unless you're implying that CAS are corrupt.

3. The chances of a court case are slight. Leeds will pay out as the consequences of losing the case then having to pay two sets of legal fees are unwelcome.

4. Leeds are paying extra for Harrison by deferring to next year. At Leeds' request, not Man City's who'd probably have preferred £8m in their bank account now.

5. RBL disliked for sponsorship and success. See also Man Utd, Blackburn, Man City at different times.

6. Lionel Messi never took Barcelona to court. You made it up. Stuff like that is in the public eye and doesn't go away.

I take it you still believe that Leeds will not be paying out. There's nothing more to add and I'll eat humble pie here if RBL back down or FIFA or CAS find in our favour.[/quote]

So far you have been wrong about basically everything. Whether it is Augustins wages or the CAS and have had to change what you are saying multiple times and you have the neck to say I just made something up. At that point I have 0 respect for people. You can have a different opinion ( or in your case be wrong about every detail) and not resort to ad hominem attacks. I will add SEO to the list of things I am sure you do not have a clue about but are happy to write about including law and business.

RBL have not appealed to FIFA. Wrong again. FIFA will be consulted in the case though as the sports gov body hence why I said they would have to do us really dirty for us to lose. If you do not think FIFA will be involved then you have never been to these hearings (i can't say I am shocked) They are not hated because they are successful. They were hated before that.There will def be a court case because RBL are all in on this and basic risk management says you fight an 18 milliion payout for the sake of a few 100 grand even if it is 10% chance. Leeds case is very strong at a minimum, you are talking to terrible lawyers clearly. AR is running a business not a household he will 100% risk it. You actually don't have a notion of what you are talking about. I don't even know why i am bothering.Harrison deferral deal was caused by? You guessed wrong again . an elapsed contract caused by season suspension before end of season. Everyone went this way because FIFA said nothing before. I don't think you really understand what that actually means in this case.



One of us has actually studied law and been in Lausanne 20-30 times over the last 25 years and one of us has not. Leysin is much nicer.

Don't even bother responding. We are done.

Moderator Message:
Please use the quote option to make specific points rather than copy complete posts over and over it clutters the thread
- Selby White
corkleedsmot
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser
 
Posts: 582
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 15:04

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Aqua- » 15 Oct 2020, 18:02

HalifaxWhite wrote:selling Pontus for £5 million daylight robbery by Brentford.


I thought it was a robbery back then and still thinks he was worth around double that price 8-10, as he was clearly rated as one of the top CBs in the championship with us.
What I thought (especially after the villa match), was that MB really didnt want him so to keep all parties happy he was allowed to leave to whichever club he wanted within reasonable.
Aqua-
George Graham's Crombie cleaner
 
Posts: 362
Joined: 20 Apr 2014, 22:13

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Seathrun66 » 15 Oct 2020, 20:18

corkleedsmot wrote:.

So far you have been wrong about basically everything. Whether it is Augustins wages or the CAS and have had to change what you are saying multiple times and you have the neck to say I just made something up. At that point I have 0 respect for people. You can have a different opinion ( or in your case be wrong about every detail) and not resort to ad hominem attacks. I will add SEO to the list of things I am sure you do not have a clue about but are happy to write about including law and business.

RBL have not appealed to FIFA. Wrong again. FIFA will be consulted in the case though as the sports gov body hence why I said they would have to do us really dirty for us to lose. If you do not think FIFA will be involved then you have never been to these hearings (i can't say I am shocked) They are not hated because they are successful. They were hated before th



Don't even bother responding. We are done.

[


Entirely consistent in my points. Factual and easily researchable.

1. Messi has never taken Barcelona to court.
2. Leeds were due to pay £8m for Jack Harrison at the end of the Championship season but took him on loan for another year to use that money elsewhere. Instead we are paying circa £10m at the end of this season. At Leeds' request, not Man City being greedy as you said.
3. Augustin was paid £35k per week (£1.82m per annum) by Leeds (source, Football Insider, 1 Feb 2020). You stated the wages were close to three times this much. Unthinkable for a Championship club.
3. RBL are disliked for their money and success. The club has only been in existence since 2009 and in that time has moved from the fifth tier of German football to the Champions League. That sort of paid-for achievement doesn't go down well with competitors. Macclesfield or Woking wouldn't get a great welcome if bought by Coca-Cola and end up several places above us in the PL in a decade.
4. RBL have complained to FIFA and asked for intervention in this case. And are going to CAS if there is no payout from Leeds. We got promoted. We're paying out. AR is indeed shrewd and he'll work out the least costly option by working out what Leipzig will accept. We've been burnt on this one and a lesson has been learned.
5. No ad hominen attacks. Not my style nor of this thread. A fellow poster taking issue with what you've said should surely be acceptable. No rudeness used nor will there be.
Seathrun66
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor
 
Posts: 124
Joined: 27 Sep 2020, 21:56

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Selby White » 15 Oct 2020, 21:41

When the dust settles I'm sure of one thing one of you will be correct and other will be wrong.
Lets now all leave it and wait and see what happens because that really is the only way we will know.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 13152
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Seathrun66 » 15 Oct 2020, 23:57

Selby White wrote:When the dust settles I'm sure of one thing one of you will be correct and other will be wrong.
Lets now all leave it and wait and see what happens because that really is the only way we will know.


Fully agree. I'll say no more on it. Time to focus on Wolves. Enjoy your weekend and stay safe.
Seathrun66
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor
 
Posts: 124
Joined: 27 Sep 2020, 21:56

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby corkleedsmot » 16 Oct 2020, 07:50

1. Yes they have gone to court and I have actually gone out of my way to find it since you attacked my character for no reason based on this. It was 2008 they ended up in court and Messi lost. The recent drama broke the internet so search terms will lead you to find nothing about it with basic searches if you try and search for Messi and Barcelona in court. I alluded to that. I have no idea why you would randomly decide I just made it up out of thin air and go researching on Google. perhaps that was a better explanation of you not being able to find anything about it and also an explanation of why I couldn't be bothered to go to the effort to find it. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-olym ... 4520080806

2. Why did we have to do that deal again? because the current deal expired due to suspension of the season and was no longer valid. Leeds didn't want to immediately take the option because we were uncertain of promotion so had to extend the deal otherwise Harrison would have missed the run in and would have gone back to city. All I said was City are charging an extra 2-3 million which is basically just a loan fee. That was obviously agreed verbally by the clubs in June as the transfer window couldn't open and FA were allowing clubs keep their loans. I just said clubs were within their rights to do so. Fresh deals had to be done just like the Leipzig situation and that is how every player and club interpreted the situation because FIFA remained silent on it.... and that is my point.

3. Augustin was on 90k at Leipzig. You are completely missing the point. I said they wanted to dump him over his big contract which they were still liable for. What he was on at Leeds is irrelevant. So you questioned my figures which are correct but you say I am wrong by stating completely irrelevant "facts"

3?. It has nothing to do with success. It is bout fans and culture. They have undermined the laws of the game and culture in Germany. The 50+1 rule in particular where they have cut fans out of the club where they only have 15-20 people with voting rights, all of them are coincidentally RB execs and staff. They charge 20 times more a year what other German clubs do to cynically achieve that while having no official way to become a voting member. Unheard of in Germany and completely goes against the ethos of football there and the 50+1 rules where fans must own a share. German fans whether big club and small boycott and protest them. They called themselves RasenBallsport Leipzig 'lawn ball sports Leipzig E.v'' to get around naming rules too so they could shoehorn their branding into their name, RB isn't actually Red Bull. They are completely untethered from football culture and any sense of the social function of football in Germany. They don't care and the Germans have gone to great lengths to maintain culture in their game and protect it from neoliberalism and the endless flow of dodgey foreign capital. They take it very seriously there to the point where football is an economics and philosophy discussion there at times. Whether I agree with the reasons for the hatred is irrelevant, it is the reality and those are the rules there. You said you knew nothing about Leipzig earlier but are obviously an expert now. Dortmund and Bayern just envy their success when they have won 0. sounds reasonable to literally protest them just because they are successful.

4. FIFA have already stated themselves... They have not been asked to intervene
A statement from FIFA said it had “no pending cases and (has) not been asked to intervene between RB Leipzig and Leeds regarding Jean-Kevin Augustin”. -Phil Hay

5. You said I made it up!! . Calling someone a liar is an ad hominem last time I checked.

Entirely and consistently wrong in all your points. Factually and easily researchable.

RBL are the ones who need a supplementary interpretation of the contract. The burden of proof is on them to prove Leeds caused an act of god in order to break a contract in the future that had already expired where Leeds had already fulfilled all their commitments within the contract. It will take a wizard not a lawyer.

RB will argue for a supplementary interpretation stating Leeds would have agreed these conditions at the time of making the contract and were in right mind while making the contract. But No club would have agreed to any date beyond the playoffs date as a suspension of the league would have meant economic uncertainty, so no such interpretation can be introduced. Their arguments will STRENGTHEN Leeds arguments. It would have created unfair burden on one party in the contract and paradoxically could have possibly allowed Leeds to break the contract theoretically. That argument will make them look like vultures who had Leeds by the shorts in January, not spirit of the game missionaries. It is a slam dunk and only FIFA suddenly changing their minds and declaring dates meaningless in football contracts which would be insanity on their part could lose Leeds this case. Leeds should and will hold firm and pay RBL a big 0 because they are 95%+ winning this case. It wont even drag on 2 years it would normally. Only Leeds could lose a case like this. The articles you are reading saying Leeds are going to have pay are probably laundered into the media by a big org like RB. They are garbage and intended to put pressure on Leeds and on FIFA. Get some outcry on social media from spirit of the game nonsense arguments to shame FIFA into breaking their silence on it and change their minds.

@ Selby White Apologies. I don't mean to clog up the forum but I am just not letting someone call me a liar unprovoked and start making random long lists of points attacking me for no reason get the last word in. Also I have to admit I would be absolutely raging if Leeds somehow had to pay this :) I will consider this put to bed now. On to Wolves.
corkleedsmot
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser
 
Posts: 582
Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 15:04

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby MOT1964 » 16 Oct 2020, 10:05

Phil Hay
@PhilHay_

Barry Douglas to Blackburn Rovers confirmed. On loan to the end of the season, when his contract at Leeds expires.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 00:04

PreviousNext

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests