2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby bedfordwhites » 20 Oct 2020, 17:37

Wheres Ben White when we need him. MOT.
bedfordwhites
Brian McDermott's optician
 
Posts: 209
Joined: 03 Aug 2015, 18:27

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby superfox » 20 Oct 2020, 17:38

Originally I wanted to post something about that buying Raphinha instead of a midfielder was a mistake, because Phillips and Klich are practically indispensable.
Now with the injury of Phillips our squad looks very thin.
superfox
Brian McDermott's optician
 
Posts: 230
Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 20:28

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Selby White » 20 Oct 2020, 17:40

Barlow Boy wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:We have options, Struijk or Dallas perhaps? Can Llorente play CDM? I know he's currently injured but I think he'll return in a couple of weeks

Phil Hay suggesting Klich will drop back to DM.

The only slight consolation with this news, and it is slight, is that it’s come early in the week so at least Bielsa can work on a solution ahead of Friday.


Just to add one according to wiki (I know it's wiki) CDM is listed as one of Robin Koch positions so assume he has played there.
If I was a betting man would guess it will be Struijk though.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 12190
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Sniffer » 20 Oct 2020, 19:04

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:We have options, Struijk or Dallas perhaps? Can Llorente play CDM? I know he's currently injured but I think he'll return in a couple of weeks

Phil Hay suggesting Klich will drop back to DM.

The only slight consolation with this news, and it is slight, is that it’s come early in the week so at least Bielsa can work on a solution ahead of Friday.


Just to add one according to wiki (I know it's wiki) CDM is listed as one of Robin Koch positions so assume he has played there.
If I was a betting man would guess it will be Struijk though.


Yes, I think Struijk at CDM on Friday. He and Cooper are left-footed, Koch and Llorente are right-footed so, assuming that Cooper and Koch are first choice in their respective CB positions, they are the back ups for KP and each CB position. Probably.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner
 
Posts: 2242
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 17:03

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby SiMamu » 20 Oct 2020, 20:09

Assuming one of Struijk (as he came off v Wolves) and Cooper are fit, I'd actually like to see Leif Davis come in for Phillips, with a defensive reshuffle, so that the defence is Dallas, Ayling, Struijk/Cooper, Davis, with Koch in front of them. Knowing Bielsa though, he'll probably bring Hernandez in instead though.
"I wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
User avatar
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 10782
Joined: 27 Mar 2012, 14:07

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby superfox » 21 Oct 2020, 09:24

SiMamu wrote:Assuming one of Struijk (as he came off v Wolves) and Cooper are fit, I'd actually like to see Leif Davis come in for Phillips, with a defensive reshuffle, so that the defence is Dallas, Ayling, Struijk/Cooper, Davis, with Koch in front of them. Knowing Bielsa though, he'll probably bring Hernandez in instead though.


There's a good chance that both Struijk and Cooper will be out for Villa.
superfox
Brian McDermott's optician
 
Posts: 230
Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 20:28

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Leonickroberts » 21 Oct 2020, 09:31

Am I the only one thinking that although this is bad, it's not catastrophic? I know the DCM pivot is fundamental to Bielsa's system, giving the diagonal out-ball over the attacking lines, but Kalvin hasn't been doing this particularly effectively so far this season and has often looked either mentally or physically jaded. I'd prefer it was a 2-week knock obviously, and also that we'd actually signed a CM in the window, but perhaps this isn't as awful as many seem to suggest.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
User avatar
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1119
Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 08:16

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Selby White » 21 Oct 2020, 09:41

Leonickroberts wrote:Am I the only one thinking that although this is bad, it's not catastrophic? I know the DCM pivot is fundamental to Bielsa's system, giving the diagonal out-ball over the attacking lines, but Kalvin hasn't been doing this particularly effectively so far this season and has often looked either mentally or physically jaded. I'd prefer it was a 2-week knock obviously, and also that we'd actually signed a CM in the window, but perhaps this isn't as awful as many seem to suggest.


No you are not the only one.

Injuries/suspensions happen and I tend to think of them as an opportunity for someone else to shine.
Natural squad rotation :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 12190
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby rigger » 21 Oct 2020, 10:05

Selby White wrote:Natural squad rotation


The only type we get under Bielsa.

I love the man - truly, I adore him both as a coach and a humanist, but if he could just rotate one or two slots each game I'm sure we'd have fewer injuries and a more experienced crop of youngsters. I mean, what has Shack got to do to get a game ? :eh:
User avatar
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 14655
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 17:35

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Postby Shadwell White » 21 Oct 2020, 11:08

Leonickroberts wrote:Am I the only one thinking that although this is bad, it's not catastrophic? I know the DCM pivot is fundamental to Bielsa's system, giving the diagonal out-ball over the attacking lines, but Kalvin hasn't been doing this particularly effectively so far this season and has often looked either mentally or physically jaded. I'd prefer it was a 2-week knock obviously, and also that we'd actually signed a CM in the window, but perhaps this isn't as awful as many seem to suggest.


Nope, I don't think this is catastrophic. I think it's unfortunate that we have potentially three of our four central defenders out but we also have Hernandez returning to full fitness and think that there is a possibility that he will replace Phillips in our rotating midfield. Phillips has looked isolated sometimes but that's because our midfield players get the other side of the oppositions midfield and they have no choice but to drop and defend deeper leaving what seems huge spaces in the middle of the pitch. We are open to the counter attack using this method and rely on the fitness of our midfield to get back and defend as seen on Monday night. So back to my point, Phillips isn't going to be able to defend that area on his own anyway, he's there to pick the ball up from defence and distribute and in the last few games I don't think he's been doing that quite as well as he can, therefore, I see no reason why Hernandez, Klich and Rodrigo can't play in that same central midfield. Or we could sacrifice one winger play Alioski at left back and add Dallas to the midfield. Either way I'm confident that MC will have this sorted.
Shadwell White
Brian McDermott's optician
 
Posts: 229
Joined: 30 Jan 2014, 10:35

PreviousNext

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests