2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2020-21 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Don't think there were many of us who would have predicted Paddy winning a Player of the Month award. Even those that are fans of PB probably wouldn't have, myself included. Well done Paddy :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Pascal Struijk signs a new three & half year deal with the club.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Pascal Struijk signs a new three & half year deal with the club.
Good I like him as a player, will go from strength to strength.
Future Dutch International, you heard it here first. :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Pascal Struijk signs a new three & half year deal with the club.
Not seen anywhere near enough of him personally to cast too much judgement, either in the flesh or on tele, but if the club think it’s the right thing to do then I’ll go with it.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Not seen anywhere near enough of him personally to cast too much judgement, either in the flesh or on tele, but if the club think it’s the right thing to do then I’ll go with it.
Came of the opinion early doors after watching how comfortable he looked on the ball for a big lad in the U23's when he first signed from Ajax.
Now he seems to have broken into the first team match day squad has backed my early judgement of him, think getting the extended contract suggest the Club also think he will continue improving.
CDM will be his position long term IMHO just needs to keep learning from Marcelo and Kalvin.

Could be eligible to play for Belgium as he was born there but said Holland because he played for them at U17 level.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Wigan White wrote:Got to love Klich. :lol:

https://twitter.com/Cli5hy/status/13360 ... 10880?s=19
:D :D I really do love this squad. Such a far cry from trying to convince ourselves to fully get behind El-Hadji Diouf and Michael Brown.

What does everyone think we can expect from the January window then, given it opens in 3 weeks or so?

- Will Pablo leave? I hope not as it would be a sad/acrimonious end for a really loyal player, but also hard to see where he fits in.
- Will we bring in a creative central midfielder? I'm assuming not, unless a deal that's too good not to take (like Rodrigo/Raphinha) appears.
- Are we in any danger of losing any of our top players? Will any of the 'big sides' come in for Phillips?
- Any other ins or outs?
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Swansea thought Pablo was past it four years ago and I think, sadly, time has caught up with him but he's been nothing but a superb servant of Leeds United since he walked through the doors so I wish him well but do actually think he should go if he wants to continue playing on a regular basis. You're a long time retired as a player and all that ..

Given that Forshaw will be out for the entire season, that means we're two midfielders down so I would like to see one brought in. Shack hasn't played enough either for me, so he needs to be factored in and "promoted" in the pecking order if Pablo does go, but I'd still like another proper midfielder to be signed, not a wide-man who can play inside, but an out-and-out central midfielder.
I can't see anyone being sold unless they're a kid (like we did with Clarke) and we get silly money being offered.

I still want Casillas out of the club.
Maybe bring in an older keeper as back-up if we can get shot of him.

Orta has done some fine work in the last year so let's see which European unknowns he brings in eh ?
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Koch to have surgery on his knee. Haven't seen any timeline on it but I would imagine he's out until next year