Carlos Corberán

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
etrangier
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Carlos Corberán

Post by etrangier »

Radrizzani: "I understand Carlos's ambition. I asked him if he wants to stay one more year because the job is not done. I know how hard Carlos works and I think it's good that he can take his own path and start building himself as a first-team coach. . He deserves it"
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Leonickroberts wrote:
new signing wrote:Give him a year as first team coach before he wanders back to Leeds after the greatest manager of my lifetime retires?
This isn't beyond the realms of possibility... ;)
Yes, I could see this too.

Weirdly enough, this could mark Huddersfield becoming a kind of feeder club for us to loan players. I could see Gotts going there, for instance.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Official he’s the new head coach at Huddersfield Town, good luck to him. Hope he doesn’t take any of our backroom staff.
Winner of the Europa League
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Most of the backroom staff, at least the coaches, came with Bielsa, Corberan was here before. Good luck to him.

It was probably a good timed offer, to go from a U23 coach to a Championship team manager, and he can see how well he can do. If he had turned it down, when would another team come in. If Bielsa went after next season and he was still here, we would be aiming for a big manager not to promote the U23 to anything other than possible caretaker.