Promotion POLL ADDED Who’ll win the play offs ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Who

Brentford
24%
Fulham
32%
Cardiff City
18%
Swansea City
26%

Total votes: 62

ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Promotion POLL ADDED Who’ll win the play offs ?

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Now we’ve achieved promotion who would you like to join us ? For me West Bromwich and Nottingham Forest would be who I would like to see join us. West Brom because I like their manager and I have a lot of Forest friends and they’ve been out of the Premiership longer than us.
Last edited by ChilwellWhite on 20 Jul 2020, 11:09, edited 1 time in total.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Promotion

Post by Davycc »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Now we’ve achieved promotion who would you like to join us ? For West Bromwich and Nottingham Forest would be who I would like to see join us. West Brom because I like their manager and I have a lot of Forest friends and they’ve been out of the Premiership longer than us.
I know NW will probably disown us but I agree but with a slightly different reason for Forest. I really do think Benrahma could do a job for us up front and we most likely wouldn't get him if Brentford go up. Silly reason really as we probably wouldn't be going for him anyway.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Davycc wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:Now we’ve achieved promotion who would you like to join us ? For West Bromwich and Nottingham Forest would be who I would like to see join us. West Brom because I like their manager and I have a lot of Forest friends and they’ve been out of the Premiership longer than us.
I know NW will probably disown us but I agree but with a slightly different reason for Forest. I really do think Benrahma could do a job for us up front and we most likely wouldn't get him if Brentford go up. Silly reason really as we probably wouldn't be going for him anyway.
Although I think it's clear that WBA and Brentford probably deserve it most over the course of the season, I'm also thinking in terms of who we could do a raid on should they not get promoted. Brentford are so well run and deserve a shot at the Premier League, but I'd ideally like them to stay down this season so we can take Benrahma or Watkins, and come up next season (by which time we'll be fully settled in the Prem ;) ). On that basis, I'd like WBA to finish second and Forest to snatch the last spot as I've always had a soft spot for them. In reality you can't see Cardiff or Forest being able to compete with Fulham/Brentford/WBA in the playoffs though.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Fulham and Brentford.
Got mates who support both and it's two close-ish away games for me next season, one in an old ground I love and the other in a shiny new arena.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

West Brom /Forest/ Cardiff...Two of these would give a good regional balance to the Premier League.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Frankie wrote:West Brom /Forest/ Cardiff...Two of these would give a good regional balance to the Premier League.
Much as I'd like to see them come up and get totally pummeled/guarantee at least one side worse than us, there's no way I can ever support Cardiff. Not even sure exactly why it is, but I've got a fairly strong hatred for them!
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

Personally I would like to see Swansea and Fulham to go up as those two would be the underdogs. :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Watford will go down next season : they're such a poorly run club these days and Troy is getting on a bit now so he won't be playing every week.
I would fancy West Ham to push on a bit and be safe, but Brighton need to pull their finger out. I think relegation will be between whoever comes up with us and the Hornets and Seagulls.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Frankie wrote:West Brom /Forest/ Cardiff...Two of these would give a good regional balance to the Premier League.
Sorry I don’t like Cardiff awful club I still remember their chairman virtually inciting a riot. Was it 2002 ? Cardiff won 2-1.
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

I would prefer West Bromwich to Brentfort - partly because I would be more confident, that we will beat WB in the PL - but mostly because I don’t fancy Thomas Frank (in LUFC-terms he is a kind of ex Scum-manager to me here in Denmark) :evil:

And I would also like to se Nottingham Forest go up like a few others in here - they have been out of PL for many years like us and deserve a return. And I think, that we can win that match too in PL.