Promotion POLL ADDED Who’ll win the play offs ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Who

Brentford
24%
Fulham
32%
Cardiff City
18%
Swansea City
26%

Total votes: 62

Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Promotion POLL ADDED Who’ll win the play offs ?

Post by Nic »

Otherworld wrote:I voted for Fulham, mostly because I would enjoy seeing Mitrovic try to play regularly against decent defenders...and VAR!
Surely he tried last season, hence why they ended 19th, they scored 34 goals, only team to score less was 20th placed Huddersfield. :wtf:
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by johnnysmiles »

I went for Fulham based on the form table from the last 5 games...

I think Swansea will be on a high base don getting in unexpectedly and because Brentford will feel like we did last season, I fancy Swansea to beat them and then lose to Fulham in the final....

I think it'll be easier to get Benrahma if Brentford miss out :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nic wrote:
Otherworld wrote:I voted for Fulham, mostly because I would enjoy seeing Mitrovic try to play regularly against decent defenders...and VAR!
Surely he tried last season, hence why they ended 19th, they scored 34 goals, only team to score less was 20th placed Huddersfield. :wtf:
Exactly why I don't think Mitrovic would fit in here with our system. He is a typical striker that relies on others supplying him. Will add an excellent finisher.
However his movements are all about him and not dragging defenders out of position to create attacking space for others.
Like us Fulham dominate possession in most games but as a team score far less despite having a more prolific striker.
Just goes to prove its a team game not just about individuals.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I'd like Brentford to win it because a) they've played some good football and b) for my mate whom I was at infant school with is a lifelong fan. But I'm afraid their recent results show they're in a fallow patch after winning nine (?) on the bounce, Saw quite a bit of their game with Stoke and they didn't have the usual cohesive attacking that has been their trademark. Nerves or what?

As others have said Swansea have the least pressure on so think it will be them.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
daib0

Post by daib0 »

no clear favourites for once, I'd say...
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Second half - Swansea v Brentford. Got a feeling that Swans will prevail over 2 legs
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

PhoenixUnited wrote:Second half - Swansea v Brentford. Got a feeling that Swans will prevail over 2 legs
Yes the Swans take a one goal advantage to Griffin Park which I think will be enough. Brentford have lost their bottle at the moment. I’ll keep an eye on tonight’s game as well but really want a Fulham win as I’m not fan of Cardiff or Neil Harris.
Winner of the Europa League
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

Sad to see Brentford collapse so calamitously in the last few games. I reckon it's Fulham's to lose still, but Swansea could well spring an upset yet.
Oldfox
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Oldfox »

I went for Fulham, I think with Mitrovic they are a real force, I see Parker their manager has been saying he thinks his team are the second best in the Championship this year after us, I may not agree with that as West Brom are more creditable candidates for second best. I also want Fulham to go up and yes that may have clouded my judgement but I do not like Swansea, because of their manager, Brentford because of the arrogance of their fans and Cardiff because they are Cardiff.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Fulham 2-0 winners at Cardiff last night.
Winner of the Europa League