Welcome Back!

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mark-9
Giddy Kipper

Welcome Back!

Post by Mark-9 »

First of all, I am a Liverpool fan but I really wanted to come here and congratulate Leeds Utd for getting back to the Premier league where you absolutely belong! I always had great respect for Leeds. A proper club with proper fans and a great history! Plus you lot hate Man Utd too so its great to have another team in the prem that wont roll over for them!

It’s a good time for football. Liverpool and Leeds…champions of England…sounds great eh! like the glory days.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Cheers Mark
I grew up with the great Shankly side he was a fabulous character. Yes we do have something in common that’s the hatred of Scum. They put us just behind yourselves in the hate stakes.

MOT
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cheers Mark, and welcome to the forum :thumbup:.

Don’t hesitate to pop in from time to time, we have a few opposition supporters posting and it’s all very friendly on here.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome this is a post I made awhile back.

28th April 1969
Liverpool 0 Leeds United 0

A days holiday booked & picked up by Scarborough Supporters Club led by Maltese John on my way to my first visit to Anfield & what a visit it would be. Avoid defeat & all the hard work Don had put in the last 8 years would see us win the holy grail of the league title. Packed in the away section of the ground the atmosphere was very tense but it was made worse as Liverpool created chance after chance. Jack Charlton from memory was magnificent that night as he controlled the defence ably assisted by the other players notably Madeley & Hunter. The ref eventually blew the final whistle what happened next was totally unforeseen under Dons instructions Billy led the players to the packed Kop where for a little while they stood there then suddenly the chant of Champions went up then the Leeds players stated waving & hugging each other. The legendary Bill Shankly sent the Liverpool players to the away end where they were met with rapturous applause from the travelling fans. A truly memorable night & one I’ll never forget.
Winner of the Europa League
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

There's always been a great mutual respect between Liverpool and Leeds United. Don Revie was great friends with Bill Shankly so it could've stemmed from that plus there's our common dislike of Manchester United. Either way it's great to receive positivity from opposition fans so many thanks for your kind words Mark.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Thanks Mark. My partners son is a massive Liverpool supporter with his second team Leeds of course. A great season for him and I'm under strict instructions to buy him a Leeds top for next season. Stick around and join in the chat. We run some great competitions etc. Always good to have input from friendly opposition fans. Good luck for defending the title but not for two particular games of course.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Thanks Mark looking forward to locking horns with you boys among others.

Welcome to the forum :wave:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Welcome Mark. I was born in Liverpool and spent my childhood years there before moving to Leeds at age 15. Rabid Everton supporter, saw most of their home games after the war and up to 1951 when we moved. Played for Leeds United Colts which got me started on supporting Leeds too. So back to two games in the season when I hope for a draw! :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Mark-9
Giddy Kipper

Post by Mark-9 »

Ah sorry to hear you were (kinda still are?) an Everton fan...we can't all be perfect can we lol

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas...this is exactly why i came here to congratulate you. The banter with leeds fans is great, similar to clubs like Newcastle and maybe a few more! makes a refreshing change from the toxic stuff coming from the manchester clubs (especially city these days) and the chavs as well, nasty lot they are. Leeds back at Anfield is gonna be buzzin! i really hope the fans are back by then.
Wow i am really genuinely excited to have Leeds back in the prem, i just hope you can be more like sheff utd than nowrich!

What are your thoughts on rumours about James Milner going back to Leeds?