What's the crowd going to be against Huddersfield?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: What's the crowd going to be against Huddersfield?

Post by dlw10 »

Aces wrote:
Wilfred Martin wrote:Just as a comparison, Brighton, who actually had higher average attendances than ourselves last season, have just announced losses of £14.7 Million for the 2012-13 season (compared to a loss of only £8.6 Million the year before). It looks as though many Championship clubs striving for promotion are going to sustain losses outside the ffp limits. Owning a Championship Club is definitely becoming a sport for rich benefactors and not for banks who are accountable to shareholders!
It just shows us all the massive gulf between the Championship and Premiership in financial clout. I have already heard about the huge debts Bolton are in, it sounds very similar to what happened to us under Risdale and Co. This should be a thing of the past, for two reasons. The first, banks shouldn't lend such vast amounts of money to any risk venture, which a football club is and the second, the FA should put a cap on just how much a club should be allowed to go into debt, say £10 to £15 million, with penalties such as transfer bans and points losses, if they breach this.
It is simpler than that. the players get paid too much and the game does not support that level of salaries - if ever football turns angry again and sponsors drop out or if TV revenues plummet for some reason. Then the chickens will be running for cover.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: What's the crowd going to be against Huddersfield?

Post by isrodger »

In terms of our overall finances I firmly believe we are running at circa break even. The issue we have had over the past 2 years, is the mortgaging of season ticket sales and catering rights. In terms of the reported £15m debt, it's clear GFH have not plugged this hole, they have borrowed, loaned money which is still to be paid back. Additionally I suspect whilst we have saved millions as a result of the closure of some of bates "pet projects" and expense fiddles, doubtless the lufc now incurs GFH costs, the cost of Haigh, noodles, and will have stood the bill for 6 months DD with the likes of Seymour pierce and KPMG demanding near 7 figure fees. The club has so much potential I could cry, but in fairness to GFH I strongly suspect the financial position hasn't worsened we were £15m in debt when they bought and the debt, has just transferred to different creditors.