First game.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: First game.

Post by Leonickroberts »

Scott wrote:I'll take a game against someone who'll make it feel like we're back in the Premier League, but without it being one of the big boys quite yet. Give us time to settle in. Everton or Leicester at home.

As long as it's not Burnley or Brighton, I'll be happy.
I'd also quite like to play an established Premier League team, but also one that was perhaps in transition and as a result more likely to be hit hard by Bielsa tactics and fitness - Newcastle or Everton, or maybe West Ham. Either that or perhaps getting an impressive away draw at Arsenal to set the tone for the rest of the season. Better a bigger team than run the risk of losing to a relegation side like Brighton as you say Scott.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

I don't care who it is as long as we win
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

Away at Everton, 3-0 up at half time, Pickford does a sit in against his post..
bedfordwhites
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by bedfordwhites »

Brentford.oh no wait, hard luck. Got to be Chelsea away or home. Though would be better if fans were in, MOT.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

West Ham or Everton.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Pretty sure the 'fixture computer' will not give us a big game or a local derby game, so I would say someone like Palace, Brighton, Leicester, Wolves ,or Southampton
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Last time we were in the Premier League (it's first season) we faced Wimbledon at ER and beat them 2 - 1 with two Chapman goals. For some reason I keep thinking it will be Newcastle away this time. When we got promoted to the top tier last time we faced Everton and then Man U in the old First Division.
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CorkWhite »

Anyone, as its best to be ready for every team regardless of who they are. Start as you mean to go on. There are no easy teams in the Premiership and They will also see ourselves in that same mode even if we're just newly promoted. There's a sense of (oh crap Leeds are back and they are under the influence of a master tactician, they won't be no pushovers) and add to that our fans if they ever get back to Elland Road that is. There's always an element of fear when people play us regardless of the league we were in and more so now that we have our mojo back.

To be forced into a team I'd like first I'd go for Wolverhampton Wanderers, basically to see if we have improved on two years ago when they were the team to beat in the Championship. Beat them and we can look to finishing in the top ten.
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

Weatham away. They had good end of season (since restart), yet they are very beatable. I reckon the club is enough of a mess to not be prepared for our style of play. I never rated moyes that highly, he is no more than mediocre manager in my eyes.
Im sorry to be the party pooper, but i still think staying in the PL gonna be a real battle and finishing top half or higher is just euphoria talk, so hit the weakest first with surprise attack and win us the precious points!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Rumours there’s a leak & were at home to Newcastle United
Winner of the Europa League