First game.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: First game.

Post by DominanceUK »

mattant250 wrote:Not that there's a "good time" to play Liverpool right now, but I honestly believe we couldn't have asked for a better time to play Liverpool. First game back (bar the Community Shield) will mean they will still be getting into their flow. Imagine if we played them around Christmas!!

Looking forward to this game as I am a massive fan of Klopp and my dad and brother are Liverpool fans.

I can see us coming away with something if we're lucky, but let's remember they are unbeaten in about 2 and a half years at home...

In Bielsa we trust...
I agree, this is the perfect time to play them, plus there's no fans at, I really think we can there. Gonna have a cheeky bet on a Leeds win as the odds will be like 7/2, 4/1!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

DominanceUK wrote: I agree, this is the perfect time to play them, plus there's no fans at, I really think we can there. Gonna have a cheeky bet on a Leeds win as the odds will be like 7/2, 4/1!
You’ll never make an odds compiler Dom, try 10/1 with SKY BET :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Barlow Boy wrote:
DominanceUK wrote: I agree, this is the perfect time to play them, plus there's no fans at, I really think we can there. Gonna have a cheeky bet on a Leeds win as the odds will be like 7/2, 4/1!
11/1 as of 9pm...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Wow, really? Those odds are ridiculous and insulting!!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

DominanceUK wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Yes pal, William Hill also have us at 10/1.......

https://sports.williamhill.com/betting/ ... l-vs-leeds
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Yes pal, William Hill also have us at 10/1.......

https://sports.williamhill.com/betting/ ... l-vs-leeds
Had to slip a fiver on that last night :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
martin_racing
Giddy Kipper

Post by martin_racing »

I think that this beggining can be an excellent opportunity to start the Premier League with a victory against the last champion in order to gain more confidence and consolidation. Definitely is not a good first game for Liverpool.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

In many ways it's a good opener. Less pressure on us and defeat wouldn't be a disaster if we perform well. I think Klopp would have preferred someone else. Definitely a very intriguing and exciting first game.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”