A post made by The Dons grandson

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

A post made by The Dons grandson

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The following has already been posted but now lost in the thread it was posted in I believe this deserves it's own thread.

I apologise, as there are probably several threads I could have posted this in, but I have chosen through arrogance to create a new one.

My aunt used to tell me a story (a lot) about how she used to be dropped off and in the playground an hour and a half before the other kids because granddad wanted to open Elland Road everyday. She said he used to welcome the tea ladies, laundry ladies, coaches and directors to the ground on a daily basis. More than that he used to know their names, their partners names and their kids names. If one was off ill he had the club send flowers and knew when their kids were having exams, and subsequently how they had faired. I felt this was a bit far fetched and had been exaggerated over the years. This was until I had the privilege of meeting granddads old coach driver at the opening of his statue. Due to the well known relationship with my father, I was the wrong side of the ropes for the unveiling, but was lucky enough to meet him afterwards in the Peacock. The stories he told me made it clear that Leeds United was truly a family from top to bottom. In it together.

In todays footballing landscape getting sacked is not uncommon. The run that Leeds had been on, on results alone it would even be unsurprising. This is when you don't consider outside factors.

However...the outside factors. Liars, cheats and frauds. Brian appeared on the face of it to be a man of integrity, dignity, and class. He also appeared to be a man who really wanted to do things in the correct way and build from the bottom to the top. It was like a breath of fresh air after the feeling of being suffocated for so long. The fact the new regime seemingly have started their rein with his removal is as much baffling as it is a cause for anger and disappointed.

We don't ever seem to be destined to get our 'dare to dream' owner. Even when there does seem to be a great option on the table in 'Together Leeds' we still seem go get the booby prize. Whoever owns Leeds United is damn lucky. They are lucky to have us. They are lucky to have gentlemen like Gary Cooper. They are lucky to have managers like Brian, and coaches like Redders and Richard Naylor. They are lucky to have the history of a stunning football team who on their day were the match for any in Europe.

I am sick of feeling like I am in an abusive relationship. I am sick of putting everything in and getting feck all back. I am sick of looking at the history and understanding how far away it is from where we stand.

The actions of today sicken me. Truly sicken me to the core. The custodians of this club have not just abused us today, they have abused all those who came before. Their actions were not in my name. They were not in Leeds United's name. Hang your heads in shame, you pitiful individuals. Scum.
Winner of the Europa League