Bamford in the Prem

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Bamford in the Prem

Post by Davycc »

Was thinking earlier about PB in the Premiership and thought to myself "He isn't going to have as much time to score in the Prem" and then I thought "maybe that will be a good thing" from what I remember he always fluffs when he has time to think about what he's going to do.

In an effort to back this up here's a selection I found on youtube and to me most are first time efforts. Of course I could be overthinking it :D

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Bamford in the Prem

Post by dlw10 »

As folk who know me will know- I am no fan of Bamford! Never have been, wherever he's played... and he's played at more than a few places. BUT that is one aspect of him that I have also always thought to be true; a little bit like Chris Wood was with us, give him no time to think, just stick a boot out, hit it first time, and he can finish. However, send a ball over the top that he has to run onto with a couple of seconds to ponder what to do and he's rubbish. Whether the Premier League will help him or not I'm not sure, his positioning is, to say the least, unusual and that may distract defenders plus, as you say, he may have less time to think. We'll see. It does look like to me that he will be starting up top whether or not that was Bielsa's preference!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Think he's been working on proving us wrong, been a few so far where he's been composed :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Yesterday he showed his worth to the team effort not only did he get a poachers goal by been in the right place at the right time he as always never kept their goalkeeper and centre backs occupied with constant closing down.
Add to that some important tracking back and excellent tackles to help the defence he showed real awareness to throw a couple of dummies that created shooting chances for others.
Although I went for Rodrigo as POM Paddy wasn't too far behind.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Agreed. I didn't rate him highly last year and had low expectations. He's been fantastic. Roberts is highlighting hiw good he is ... not just the 1st touch, but at one point I noticed Roberts jogging adter an oppo player - with so few mins, you'd think he'd be going ballistic.