Exciting times

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: Exciting times

Post by Deleted User 728 »

What did you google ??

TV revenue and league position prize money will soar.
They say the playoff final is worth c.£180m, but that includes three years of parachute payments.

Google league place EPL prize money and Sky TV club revenue EPL and you should get your basic answers.
Then there's the additional market exposure around the world which will generate merch sales and increase sponsorship across the board.
There's loads of other little knock-on effects too, such as being in the media more which increases our physical and online profile, etc.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

How do I feel ? Like a child on Christmas eve.
I feel an energy around Leeds United, not felt for many years.
I feel we are aiming to back to the top, not just consolidate prem safety/status.
Exciting times ahead.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

£40m on transfers today brilliant. UNITED ARE BACK, HELLO.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Can I change buzzing to "OMG"
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

rigger wrote:What did you google ??

TV revenue and league position prize money will soar.
They say the playoff final is worth c.£180m, but that includes three years of parachute payments.

Google league place EPL prize money and Sky TV club revenue EPL and you should get your basic answers.
Then there's the additional market exposure around the world which will generate merch sales and increase sponsorship across the board.
There's loads of other little knock-on effects too, such as being in the media more which increases our physical and online profile, etc.
I googled things like, 'How much money does the winner of the Championship get? Is there
prize money to win the Championship? I could not ascertain whether there was or wasnt. Just kept talking about Sky money for TV rights.
etrangier
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by etrangier »

This Premier season will be very competitive and hard for everyone, even for the millionaire clubs (Chelsea, Manchester United, City, Liverpool). Just imagine a Premier with eventually Messi playing for Manchester City. Liverpool seems a consolidated club in top 3. Chelsea is developing a team to win the league (sorry for them Lampard is not such good as manager :lol:). Arteta at Arsenal is showing to be a good manager. At middle table, Everton with Carlo Ancelotti also are signing good ones (James). To me, Wolves are likely qualyfing to Uefa this season. They got a really good team. Sheffield is pretty good too. Not sure about Burnley, West Ham and Brighton, but don't forget they have more time on top tier than Leeds in recent years and therefore more experienced on hard times along the season (injuries, burden of playing 2 o 3 games at week).

Actually, I feel West Brom, Newcastle and Villa seems very weak teams. But many people thought the same about Sheffield. The opposite to Norwich, specially after that great victory against City. But then happened what it happened

I rather prefer people underestimate Leeds for this season
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

This something I never thought I’d see at my club :D

Costa - £15m
Harrison- loan
Gelhardt - £1:5m
Meslier- £5m
Allen - £300k
Drameh - £400k
Greenwood - £1m
Rodrigo- £27m
Koch - £13m

Don’t think we’ve finished yet. Still buzzing about yesterday’s signings. There were some on here bemoaning Orta & to a certain extent Radz, well hang your heads in shame.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Funnily enough I was just looking at Fulham and West Brom’s transfer activity. Fulham have signed Antonee Robinson (Wigan) and West Brom have signed Pereira ( Sporting Lisbon ) yes I’m excited about how we’re going about things.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Exciting times indeed can't wait for the Prem to start, yes it could be tough but I'm very optimistic we will more than hold our own.

However what excites me most is the amount of real potential we have at the Club, young players knocking on the 1st team door, if not now in the coming years. Add to that one of the Worlds great coaches at the helm, the future is white.

I'm a lover of building a team rather than playing football monopoly although appreciate you do have to buy occasionally to strengthen. That is the point though you should only buy senior players that will improve the team and not just make up the numbers, at long last I believe its what we are doing.

Still back to youth and even the signings this summer Drameh, Gelhardt, Allen, Greenwood & Van den Heuval all look fantastic additions to an already strong set up. Throw the likes of Caprile, Struijk, Casey, Gotts, Stevens, Bogutsz, Davies, McKinstry, Kennah, McCalmont, etc into the mix and its only a matter of time until the established players are looking over their shoulders. Didn't even mention Meslier or Shack who I consider already established.

The future is White :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.