Where will Leeds finish

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Where

Champions
No votes
2nd - 4th
4%
5th - 10th
43%
11th - 15th
45%
16th - 20th
9%

Total votes: 47

Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Where will Leeds finish

Post by Sniffer »

7th. You heard it here first.
Barham
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Barham »

One game in, and with half the teams not having played yet, we are 15th. I will take that at the end of the season, but obviously it's far too early to make a judgement on one game. West Brom, Fulham and West Ham fans must be already be worried, and it will be interesting to see how Villa and Brighton get on in their first game. Those are the teams I expect to finish below us, with maybe Palace and Southampton thrown into the mix, but 15th looks a good bet.
zenmaster
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by zenmaster »

I like what i saw with Livepool.

Looking forward.
no clinging no resisting
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barham wrote:One game in, and with half the teams not having played yet, we are 15th. I will take that at the end of the season, but obviously it's far too early to make a judgement on one game. West Brom, Fulham and West Ham fans must be already be worried, and it will be interesting to see how Villa and Brighton get on in their first game. Those are the teams I expect to finish below us, with maybe Palace and Southampton thrown into the mix, but 15th looks a good bet.
Tend to match my thoughts, in my opinion we have enough to finish above those you mention and with continued progress of a few of our younger players we can hope for higher.
But reality first season up for most teams 4th bottom is a result and very acceptable.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I see 4 people have said bottom 4 really wish they’d explain the reason for doing so.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

ChilwellWhite wrote:I see 4 people have said bottom 4 really wish they’d explain the reason for doing so.
Good point everyone is entitled to an opinion but its a forum and far better if members give reasons for their vote :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Phil147
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Phil147 »

With the current squad I think we will be OK and I've put us down to finish between 11 and 15.

If we were to make a couple more additions I could see us pushing for top 10.

However, if we don't and we get unlucky with injuries it could get a bit nervy...

So I will stick with 11 to 15
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

I’m sticking with my prediction from a month back, 4th.
bc grinner
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by bc grinner »

I voted 11th – 15th but it might be tempting to go a slot higher now after the signings and the performance against Liverpool. I have very little history to draw upon but I suspected that there won't be many easy points during the season due to the overall talent of competition. Also, I wonder a bit about results at the end of season due to Bielsa’s style and the effort required, small squad, short summer break, etc.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

bc grinner wrote:I voted 11th – 15th but it might be tempting to go a slot higher now after the signings and the performance against Liverpool. I have very little history to draw upon but I suspected that there won't be many easy points during the season due to the overall talent of competition. Also, I wonder a bit about results at the end of season due to Bielsa’s style and the effort required, small squad, short summer break, etc.
Everyone's saying this about burn out and it may well happen, had a help with the break last season. However we played almost every game last season at 100% and whilst the PL will be harder re opposition skill the Championship was both harder physically and in game frequency. Our players are probably already one of the fittest bunch in the PL (although a few did tire on Saturday but I expect them to gain even more match fitness.)

I think we'll be ok if we can get one maybe two more in and don't have bad luck with injuries.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders