Where will Leeds finish

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Where

Champions
No votes
2nd - 4th
4%
5th - 10th
43%
11th - 15th
45%
16th - 20th
9%

Total votes: 47

Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Where will Leeds finish

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
bc grinner wrote:I voted 11th – 15th but it might be tempting to go a slot higher now after the signings and the performance against Liverpool. I have very little history to draw upon but I suspected that there won't be many easy points during the season due to the overall talent of competition. Also, I wonder a bit about results at the end of season due to Bielsa’s style and the effort required, small squad, short summer break, etc.
Everyone's saying this about burn out and it may well happen, had a help with the break last season. However we played almost every game last season at 100% and whilst the PL will be harder re opposition skill the Championship was both harder physically and in game frequency. Our players are probably already one of the fittest bunch in the PL (although a few did tire on Saturday but I expect them to gain even more match fitness.)

I think we'll be ok if we can get one maybe two more in and don't have bad luck with injuries.
Regarding the burn out, we will have less games, of course, and even though the season is a bit congested due to the virus we have very few midweek games compared to last season.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Stifmeister
Giddy Kipper

Post by Stifmeister »

https://youtu.be/qYpLMzcE9ow
Squade value ranking is not the best :) but we'll do it better for sure.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Squade value ranking is not the best :) but we'll do it better for sure.
Welcome :wave:

Why not introduce yourself in the new members section.
Hope you are not here just to promote your video stream ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
bc grinner
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by bc grinner »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:
bc grinner wrote:I voted 11th – 15th but it might be tempting to go a slot higher now after the signings and the performance against Liverpool. I have very little history to draw upon but I suspected that there won't be many easy points during the season due to the overall talent of competition. Also, I wonder a bit about results at the end of season due to Bielsa’s style and the effort required, small squad, short summer break, etc.
Everyone's saying this about burn out and it may well happen, had a help with the break last season. However we played almost every game last season at 100% and whilst the PL will be harder re opposition skill the Championship was both harder physically and in game frequency. Our players are probably already one of the fittest bunch in the PL (although a few did tire on Saturday but I expect them to gain even more match fitness.)

I think we'll be ok if we can get one maybe two more in and don't have bad luck with injuries.
Regarding the burn out, we will have less games, of course, and even though the season is a bit congested due to the virus we have very few midweek games compared to last season.
I read “The Quality of Madness” by Tim Rich a few weeks back and the burn out discussion does follow Bielsa around. However, I suppose week 2 is a bit too early to worry about it considering the fact that it's not guaranteed to happen. Plus, it’s nice to see young talent to call upon if need be.