PPV

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: PPV

Post by John Dane »

judy wrote:How do I send a PM? Sorry, I can’t remember.
Click NW’s name and then “Send private message”
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

lufctrav wrote:
Deebo wrote:Not to rub it in at all, but I get all the Premier League matches free here in Australia via my mobile phone provider Optus, at no additional cost to my mobile phone plan. (around 20 pounds a month I pay)

The cost in the UK is beyond the pale. When I hear people paying 100 quid a month for Sky packages, I despair!
We take our live sport on FTA laws for granted when you compare what we get to other major nations.

How do you find Optus? I'm currently with Telstra but way overdue for a new phone and Optus Sport sounds like a nice little incentive. I'm currently using a friends log in.
Optus coverage is good in urban areas, not so hot when you are out in rural areas. If you are mainly a city person, then I'd go with Optus. The free Optus Sport package is a great incentive ;)

I
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I think it’s important that everybody avoids paying for this service as SKY and BT will make every decent fixture a PPV there should be loads of streams available as well.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

ChilwellWhite wrote:I think it’s important that everybody avoids paying for this service as SKY and BT will make every decent fixture a PPV there should be loads of streams available as well.
I have made up my mind not to cough up for PPV. It would take some extraordinary circumstance for me to pay and then only if Leeds were playing.
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

There’s a poll on WACCOE & surprisingly 18% will be paying the £14:95. 409 voted.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The games on 5 Live as well apparently
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

NottinghamWhite wrote:There’s a poll on WACCOE & surprisingly 18% will be paying the £14:95. 409 voted.
Yeah, sadly it's one of those where a boycott is clearly in the best interests of the fans, but some people are just too engrossed in the ease of watching their team to even think, or care, about the potential implications, so they'll pay it anyway.

All I keep thinking is that I can remember watching championship boxing bouts on Sky Sports, all part of the subscription fee, when I was a youngster in the mid 90s. When PPV started to creep in, it was only for the big, big matches. Yet here we are, not even 30 years on, and there's barely a boxing match of note that's not on PPV these days. It might be hyperbole on my part, but that's the risk we run if we show Sky etc that there's an appetite for such a model.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:There’s a poll on WACCOE & surprisingly 18% will be paying the £14:95. 409 voted.
That’s actually about right.

I saw a big poll on Twitter, where all football fans were voting and the total who would pay was around 12%. If you factor in our bigger fan base than most other clubs, you’d expect it to be slightly higher than the 12%, which it obviously is.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Scott wrote:
All I keep thinking is that I can remember watching championship boxing bouts on Sky Sports, all part of the subscription fee, when I was a youngster in the mid 90s. When PPV started to creep in, it was only for the big, big matches. Yet here we are, not even 30 years on, and there's barely a boxing match of note that's not on PPV these days. It might be hyperbole on my part, but that's the risk we run if we show Sky etc that there's an appetite for such a model.
That is exactly my thoughts on this, you are bang on the button with the comparison with boxing.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.