PPV

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: PPV

Post by Barlow Boy »

Nic wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I pay my SKY subscription, I pay my BT subscription (admittedly the BT Sport package comes free with the Broadband) and I also pay my season ticket money. Now I’m asked to pay £14.95 for the Villa v Leeds game on BT Box Office.

The only way this won’t take off is people boycott it and I’ll be doing that.
So will you just not watch and maybe listen to it on the radio, or not follow at all?
Sorry, I meant I won’t be paying BT for this one (or SKY for any others) in addition to the subscription which I already pay.

I’ll probably watch on a stream, failing that I’ll listen to Popey and Noel Whelan. I put that out on Twitter yesterday, which Noel Whelan ‘liked’ so I’ll have to now :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I’ll find a stream somewhere I’m not paying £15 as a lot of others won’t. They did something similar in boxing now they’re trying to do it in football. £15 this season and trust me it won’t stop there.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I refuse to pay for Sky or BT.
Both are overpriced IMO.

I've just changed broadband provider too, because Virgin are taking the .. mick.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:I pay my SKY subscription, I pay my BT subscription (admittedly the BT Sport package comes free with the Broadband) and I also pay my season ticket money. Now I’m asked to pay £14.95 for the Villa v Leeds game on BT Box Office.

The only way this won’t take off is people boycott it and I’ll be doing that.
Do the same except for the ST. Won't be paying myself either, though I know I'll have to fight temptation come the game.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

Nic wrote:
John Dane wrote:Last season I gladly paid LUTV a 5’er to watch our games, but if it would cost me £15, I would instead pay 0,99 and listen to the game via LUTV. In fact, I like listening to games now and then and creating my own pictures, but that’s probably just mee, being an elderly man :)
LUTV was only a fiver for overseas, it was a tenner if you were in the UK/Ireland. So would you have paid or gone audio only? :think:
:think: Hmmm, a tenner would be ok, but I would probably be a little more selective...
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

Even aside from the price being steep for a game of football, I think it's important as fans that as many people as possible boycott this farce. If we accept it and give them even an inkling they can get away with it, PPV for the bigger games will be the norm and the new broadcast standard before we know it.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Scott wrote:Even aside from the price being steep for a game of football, I think it's important as fans that as many people as possible boycott this farce. If we accept it and give them even an inkling they can get away with it, PPV for the bigger games will be the norm and the new broadcast standard before we know it.
Well said :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

.. but people are ignorant and can't see past the end of their noses.
It'll be a roaring success :?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Scott wrote:Even aside from the price being steep for a game of football, I think it's important as fans that as many people as possible boycott this farce. If we accept it and give them even an inkling they can get away with it, PPV for the bigger games will be the norm and the new broadcast standard before we know it.
Good post & I couldn’t agree more.
Winner of the Europa League
hugo70
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by hugo70 »

Hola vivo en Uruguay y sigo los partidos... Aquí con el paquete básico accedes A todos los partidos de ligas europeas y el costo mensual es de 20 dolares...
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Hugo, you are getting it cheaper than what they want to charge in the UK where it is 14.95 per game and not per month where it cost you $20.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.