Bielsa makes Fifa shortlist for men's manager of the year

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: Bielsa makes Fifa shortlist for men's manager of the yea

Post by Deleted User 728 »

My oldest school friend coaches for Eastleigh, who are in the National League.

He's not involved with the first team or even the reserves, but voluntarily for disabled players.
The bulk are on the autistic spectrum, plus there are a few with sensory deficiencies and others with varying disabilities across the board.
I asked him a couple of years ago how it works, what they practise, about the sessions he runs, etc.
At first, they all rushed after the ball like a bunch of kids in the playground, but after a few months of drills and patient explanation and tantrums, tears and triumphs, they eventually won a match and then it all began to fall into place.
Now they're a half decent side.

I know he's my mate, but people like him who have done that kind of work for twenty years should be winning FIFA awards and honours from the nation rather than political supporters and civil servants.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote: I know he's my mate, but people like him who have done that kind of work for twenty years should be winning FIFA awards and honours from the nation rather than political supporters and civil servants.
Couldn’t agree more, they get the odd award on SPOTY, but nowhere near enough recognition for me.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Tourist
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Tourist »

All good rigger, but did you expect anything else from the FIFA lot? Who cares about them anyway? I am just absolutely thrilled by the fact that not so long ago there was a guy called Dave Hockaday hanging around the club and now we have somebody who is in the top 3 managers in the world. Looking at it from the outside, as I do, it's simply incredible.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:My oldest school friend coaches for Eastleigh, who are in the National League.

He's not involved with the first team or even the reserves, but voluntarily for disabled players.
The bulk are on the autistic spectrum, plus there are a few with sensory deficiencies and others with varying disabilities across the board.
I asked him a couple of years ago how it works, what they practise, about the sessions he runs, etc.
At first, they all rushed after the ball like a bunch of kids in the playground, but after a few months of drills and patient explanation and tantrums, tears and triumphs, they eventually won a match and then it all began to fall into place.
Now they're a half decent side.

I know he's my mate, but people like him who have done that kind of work for twenty years should be winning FIFA awards and honours from the nation rather than political supporters and civil servants.
True and there hundreds of them out there too.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders