Where will end our first season back in the PL?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Where will Leeds finish the season?

Top Half (1st-10th)
8%
Upper Mid (11-14th)
44%
Avoiding Relegation (15-17th)
48%
Relegated (18-20th)
No votes

Total votes: 25

Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Where will end our first season back in the PL?

Post by Nic »

Remember the old "top by Christmas" days in the Championship? Well first season back in the PL and we will be 14th at Christmas.

So how does this bode for where we will finish the season? Are we going to rally and get into the top 10 spots, falter but ultimately avoid relegation, doomed to be sucked into the relegation spots, or be above all those shenanigans and be roughly where we are now?
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Where will end our first season back in the PL?

Post by Mr Russell »

Originally I said lower top 10 but I'd say we will be 11-14th come the season end.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

I think mid-table
Keep The Faith / WAL
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Well given the fact the teams yet to face 3 are below us and involved in the relegation (West Brom, Burnley & Brighton) while 2 (Spurs & Southampton) are involved at the top end.
It would be reasonable to expect between 7 and 10 points from those games which would put us around 12th at the half way stage.

So the question is can we progress from there or will the myth of Bielsa burn out happen.

I think a slight improvement so may just about squeeze into the top 10.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Selby White wrote:Well given the fact the teams yet to face 3 are below us and involved in the relegation (West Brom, Burnley & Brighton) while 2 (Spurs & Southampton) are involved at the top end.
It would be reasonable to expect between 7 and 10 points from those games which would put us around 12th at the half way stage.

So the question is can we progress from there or will the myth of Bielsa burn out happen.

I think a slight improvement so may just about squeeze into the top 10.
So hope you're right. Kich and Llorente returning will help. Pablo back in Bielsa's good books and featuring more would make a difference. Blooding one of the youngsters rather than Roberts as a super sub striker might produce a couple of vital goals. And a quality left back in the January window would be the icing on the cake for me. Not confident though ... gotta feeling we wave goodbye to Pablo in January.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Mr Russell wrote:Originally I said lower top 10 but I'd say we will be 11-14th come the season end.
I think at the start of the season many had thought we would replicate Sheff Utd and finish top 10, but like you probably reassessing.

I so don't want us to get sucked into a relegation battle and hovering a place or two above it - it will be doom and gloom amongst fan forum, and keeping a healthy gap would be great wherever we finish.