The state of ER's pitch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: The state of ER's pitch

Post by psquithy »

johnh wrote:Eddie Gray is in the back row, second from the end, on the right as you look at the photo.

Always remember Mike O'Grady scoring 3 goals in two England internationals and never getting picked again. :shock:

Played against Jimmy Greenhoff.
How did that go?
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
psquithy wrote:
marziale wrote:Sorry but maybe I am getting my left and my right mixed up. Surely Michael O’Grady is top left as you look at the photo. I was at school with him and that’s how I recall him.
Eddie Gray is next to him
Top left is Norman Hunter. Top right is Eddie Gray. Mike O'Grady is next to Eddie...... although I mistook him for Rod Belfitt on first look; still not sure now :)
Rod Belfitt back row between Jack and Eddie Gray.
Belfitt, not a scorer of many goals, but the other duties of a center forward in those days, winning high balls, laying the ball off, pulling defenders out of position he did OK. The forwards in those days also had to be able to take some hammer, when our boys Charlton and Hunter started dishing it out, it was our boys upfront on the receiving end of the retaliation.
I did see him score a cracking hat trick once though in a Fairs cup game against was either Hibs or Kilmarnock.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

It wasn't a problem for Derby County either in the 70s ... I can remember their old Baseball Ground looking like the Somme.

I imagine Bielsa convinced the board to spend £300k on the turf. I think it's an investment ... I expect it'll mean we finish at least one place higher and it looks like the premier league merit payment increased by abut £1.7m for each league place last season according to Planet Football.

Also great call to remove this excuse from the players.
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

Just seen a clip of our new bowling green of a pitch on the local news.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

New pitch now down.

Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Hopefully it beds down sufficiently.

New 50,000 capacity stadium in Cork a few years ago had brand new pitch down for 2 months over the spring and early summer (better weather than now). Cut up badly by the second match. Fingers crossed.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

I hope the new pitch is as good as what Spurs are playing on in a cracking match against Liverpool tonight.

Both managers as grumpy as hell on the touchline :D :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

The pitch for the game against Everton was a vast improvement on the previous home game. However there was plenty of slipping and sliding on that surface and I just hope that players are better able to stay upright as the grass settles in.
Keep The Faith / WAL
Boom roasted
Giddy Kipper

Another video of the new pitch being installed

Post by Boom roasted »

Some nice shots of Elland Road in here
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Another video of the new pitch being installed

Post by Barlow Boy »

Boom roasted wrote:https://youtu.be/1CYhJVw4Ais

Some nice shots of Elland Road in here
Hi mate, thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.

I’ve merged your post, as we already have a thread discussing the new pitch :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.