January window

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

January window

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Will anyone come in ? If so what positions need strengthening ? Rumours are Roberts could be going to Wayne Rooney’s Derby. Thoughts regarding any possible ins and outs.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: January window

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I think Roberts will go he’s not really cut the mustard this season. Good Championship player though. Can’t see any new faces coming in.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I agree about Roberts but actually think we will bring in one or two ..
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Agree every chance Roberts could go saying that think it gets overlooked that he is still 21 (for a few more days) and injuries slowed his progress after we first signed him.

Looked good when I've seen him in the U'23's but seems out his depth in the first team.

MB keeps using him from the bench so suspect has seen something so wouldn't be shocked if he actually went out on loan.
He's certainly likely to fall behind Gelhardt at some stage in the pecking order and we also have Rodrigo that could play there if Paddy gets injured.

As for the January window I'd rather keep the powder dry as very few quality players are usually available (it would take time for players to get up to speed and their role in our game plan anyway).
Mid table finish, Suss which players from the U23's are likely to progress then a couple or so top quality additions in the summer.

Whatever we sign nowadays needs to be better than what we've got, hence move us towards the next level.
MB wont be here forever and you don't employ a great coach not to develop from within, our U'23s are looking superb some will step up come their day whenever it arrives.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

I think there will be more quality available in January this year than we have seen in previous years due to the financial pressures on many clubs throughout Europe.
Koch is out long term, Cooper will struggle at this level and Llerente a bit of an unknown at the moment, I’d like to see another CB, we know we need an alternative in the middle and personally I would like to see another centre forward.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

If we we're able to bring in someone of quality for MD, to help Klich then I'd be happy with that. I don't see the sense in bringing a CB in, Ayling and Struijk have done well there. We have 3 other CBs to come back, granted Koch is a long term absentee but if we we're to bring in another CB in, once everyone is fit we are overloaded in that position, makes no sense to me. We aren't going down. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't bring anyone in, if that was the case, I'll be ok with that.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I hope that, if Roberts leaves, it's only on loan. There's a still a good player there. Like others, I'd also like a CM. My preference is Zinchenko, partly because of his versatility. I think that against Chelsea, Man Utd, and West Ham, our midfield was far too open, from playing Rodrigo in midfield. He's a second striker, whose natural tendency is to push closer to Bamford. I'd prefer for Rodrigo to play LW, and to then drift into the middle from there, with Alioski or Harrison playing as LWB, and pushing into the vacated space and holding the width. Behind them, would be the left CM, Zinchenko, who would cover the left and help Phillips and Klich in the middle, as well as providing some additional thrust from deep, when required.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

I only want De Paul in January. I really feel like we would be getting one of the best midfielders in the world right now at a snip.

I think we will stay up either way so really the thought should be for next season.

After that just see what is available in the summer.

There are quite a few players at relegation threatened clubs that would do a nice job for us.

Ben White, Egan, O'Shea and I really think Connolly would be amazing at a club that play the right football for his game
Burnley look safer now but I would like Taylor back or Robinson at Fulham.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

SiMamu wrote:I hope that, if Roberts leaves, it's only on loan. There's a still a good player there. Like others, I'd also like a CM. My preference is Zinchenko, partly because of his versatility. I think that against Chelsea, Man Utd, and West Ham, our midfield was far too open, from playing Rodrigo in midfield. He's a second striker, whose natural tendency is to push closer to Bamford. I'd prefer for Rodrigo to play LW, and to then drift into the middle from there, with Alioski or Harrison playing as LWB, and pushing into the vacated space and holding the width. Behind them, would be the left CM, Zinchenko, who would cover the left and help Phillips and Klich in the middle, as well as providing some additional thrust from deep, when required.
Agree with you on Roberts.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We could do with getting rid of the forgotten men namely Shaughnessy, Bouy & Grot, goodness knows what they’re doing at the club. Hopefully as well De Bock, O’Kane & Douglas will be off loaded probably not now but in the summer.
Just read that Kinnear expects a very quite window so can’t see anyone incoming personally.
Winner of the Europa League