How good is Raphinha

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: How good is Raphinha

Post by Barlow Boy »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:
He can clearly skin a player with brilliance

https://twitter.com/jermainebecks83/sta ... 63873?s=21
Should that have been a penalty ?
The foul starts outside the box, so no penalty, but great piece of skill :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

When he signed for us, I contacted a friend called Seb who lives just outside Rennes and supports them and goes - or used to go - to all their home matches. I hired him when working for Fopp as he was a cool kid, half French, with good music knowledge of both the Brit and continental scene.

Anyway, he said he's absolutely brilliant but can also be moody and when he isn't feeling right he'll disappear. We've yet to see that side of him yet but you could describe most wingers with those words, so it might just be that he's being managed better these days. I'm sure Harrison, Poveda and Costa can learn from him too, which can only be a good thing.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote: Anyway, he said he's absolutely brilliant but can also be moody and when he isn't feeling right he'll disappear. We've yet to see that side of him yet but you could describe most wingers with those words, so it might just be that he's being managed better these days. I'm sure Harrison, Poveda and Costa can learn from him too, which can only be a good thing.
Think working with Bielsa will help eliminate any major moody moments as he demands no slacking and I see Poveda as the one that will be the one that will learn most from him. Both to me have the X factor, the ability to do the unexpected and terrify opponents. Every great team needs a player like that.

Harrison is a different type of winger but creates a great team balance but more likely to do the percentage thing.

Both are a massive asset and will not only create will add goals.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

They seemed to be making a big thing on SKY about other clubs coming in for him, I can understand why they are saying it and there may be the odd bid in the summer, but I’d rate his chances of leaving at around 0% unless he demands a move (unlikely) or someone offers north of £60M (unlikely).
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote:They seemed to be making a big thing on SKY about other clubs coming in for him, I can understand why they are saying it and there may be the odd bid in the summer, but I’d rate his chances of leaving at around 0% unless he demands a move (unlikely) or someone offers north of £60M (unlikely).
I agree and due to Covid this summer will be the quietest yet just like the Jan transfer window was. We're building something really special atm and you can't continue to do that by selling your best players.
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

Leeds gave Raphina a four-year contract and brought him here and I would like to think he would want to repay that by staying and progressing with Leeds,

We are building a PL team for the future and I/Leeds would like him to be part of that and I think we have a great future ahead. :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Barlow Boy wrote:
Should that have been a penalty ?
The foul starts outside the box, so no penalty, but great piece of skill :thumbup:

What happened to the "any part in the box" rule that applied at Tottenham against Alioski.

The grab started outside, but Cahill still was grabbing him as he fell in the box. Just playing devils advocate here ;)
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

How is the advantage rule interpreted?

If you get fouled, the ref plays advantage and you get fouled again, you get a free from the advanced position.

The incident in question... You get fouled (shirt pull) and your still making progress, ref plays advantage but the same foul continues 5 yards further on. Where is the free taken from?

Looks like because it's the same continuous foul, you get brought back to where it began?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Metro1962 wrote:Leeds gave Raphina a four-year contract and brought him here and I would like to think he would want to repay that by staying and progressing with Leeds,

We are building a PL team for the future and I/Leeds would like him to be part of that and I think we have a great future ahead. :)
The $64,000 question is there a buy out clause built into his contract ? Is there a possible fee that triggers a transfer ? Please don’t get me wrong I love the fella & we should be building a team around him, Rodrigo, Phillips & Meslier. These days players are governed by their agents & it’s to their definite advantage to move their players on.