How good is Raphinha

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: How good is Raphinha

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Liverpool the first to show an interest

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... pjnUfpwnwE

I wouldn't want any of those mentioned.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

Do what Brighton did to us with Ben White, put 100 million price tag on him.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Leicester White wrote: ..... I remember Yeboah scoring a hatrick vs Monaco and we got offered silly money for him - I said "yes" to that as Yeboah came with flaws and inconsistencies and was unlikely to produce wonder goals regularly ..........
For me Yoboah is a Leeds United legend. He scored a total of 32 goals for Leeds United in 66 appearances which is damned good going but sadly that ego George Graham landed at Leeds and apparently that kind of return was not good enough for him. There was friction and it was not helped by TY demanding to go play for Ghana when he wasn't fully fit. Wasn't playing for us and then got injured some more. TY never quite got fit enough to find his pre injury form. Anyway it all ended suddenly in the end TY back to Germany and Graham scuttled back to London where be belonged. :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Here we go...
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Shadwell White wrote:Do what Brighton did to us with Ben White, put 100 million price tag on him.
This. Brighton got it spot on.

Yeboah ... the one thing you never know is future injuries which can destroy the value of a player. Apparently his boots would only last one match because he kicked it so hard. Legend indeed.

Everyone has their price but I'd be shocked and appalled if we took the £25m mentioned in that article.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I could see them offering us a wodge up front, a loan back for one season and then add-ons.

Not necessarily Liverpool and not necessarily Raph, but any club buying up one of our better players.
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

It's not a very good article is it? 25 mil? We spent 17, and judging by the performance level in his past 10 or so matches that led to this link from a big club he at leat doubled his value. The players suggested are basically surplus to liverpool. The players that never managed to squiz into first team. Why should we want to replace such a dominant player for someone who sat on the bench for the last 3 seasons?

Leaving this article aside i wont sell and dont think he'd like to move even if a huge club throw in an offer. By the way he was talking when informed he was sold by "only" 17mil it seemed that he wants to be recognized by the club & fans as a good player for them, and consider it somewhat offending that he was tossed for such small amount meaning they dont rate him as an important player.

If im right and 2 seasons is the minimum he's going to stay no matter what position we finish (assuming no disagreements and management problems arise), then a good summer window (or two) will probably give him a reason to consider staying longer.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

All this attention this week is certainly going to add pressure for him for the game tomorrow, hoping it`s not going to affect him.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I find there's a lot of these articles, usually from "Leeds Live" on Facebook, and all they are is clickbait.
They'll say something like "Bielsa's summer transfer targets" but when you actually look at it, there's a couple of para's of waffle, then a couple of large photo-ads, then another para saying nothing, another three ads, then a link to another pointless story, another ad, another para, etc .. till eventually after twelve ads, seven para's saying nothing and a list of what's coming up on the site, they end up with "Bielsa could be in the market for a defender, a striker and a back-up goalkeeper".

I just don't bother anymore.

I'm close to ditching Facebook anyway ..
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:I find there's a lot of these articles, usually from "Leeds Live" on Facebook, and all they are is clickbait.
They'll say something like "Bielsa's summer transfer targets" but when you actually look at it, there's a couple of para's of waffle, then a couple of large photo-ads, then another para saying nothing, another three ads, then a link to another pointless story, another ad, another para, etc .. till eventually after twelve ads, seven para's saying nothing and a list of what's coming up on the site, they end up with "Bielsa could be in the market for a defender, a striker and a back-up goalkeeper".

I just don't bother anymore.

I'm close to ditching Facebook anyway ..
You are exactly right about the ads Riggs.
I once played against Don Revie.