Gordon McQueen diagnosed with dementia

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Gordon McQueen diagnosed with dementia

Post by guitarmark »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56168698

Gordon diagnosed with dementia - Best wishes to him + family - I first went to Elland Road in 1974 so recall him effectively taking over from big Jack - Maybe crazy now as an English man, but recall supporting Scotland in the 74 world cup due to the presence of Gordon, Peter, Joe and of course Billy
Paul ITFC
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Gordon McQueen diagnosed with dementia

Post by Paul ITFC »

Yes I just saw that, very sad. I remember him from that 1973/74 side which was possibly the best of Don Revie's teams, they were a joy to watch. Regrettably I only usually post on here when there is bad news about someone from the mid 1960's to mid 1970's Leeds United that I followed, unless I happen to see a mention of Ipswich Town somewhere. Best wishes to Gordon and his family.
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Very sad, one of the worst illnesses
thevicar
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by thevicar »

First Leeds game i saw was around 1978 at Highbury. Alan Sunderland scored for Arsenal and Gordon scored with diving header to equalize. I was stood near the corner flag and had a perfect view. It convinced me i chose the right team. Very sad!
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Came into the Leeds team as a gangly youngster in the footsteps of a legend. Didn't take long to settle in to become a Leeds favourite himself.

I know he went off to Scum later alongside Joe Jordan but unlike some I have never held that against him. Sad news to hear that he is suffering together with those closest to him in this way
Keep The Faith / WAL