Peter Lorimer & Mick Bates

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Peter Lorimer & Mick Bates

Post by Leicester White »

Agreed, horrible to see so many legends passing. Fond memories of the Saint and Greavsie - particularly like the quote on the last photo:
https://news.yahoo.com/pictures-career- ... 4-DZVQoxhK

And yes, John Wark ... what a player, he certainly could strike a football - must be something in the air in Scotland!

I guess Jimmy Johnstone`played in the same position as Lorimer - I think I remember a clip of Revie telling the team ahead of 'The Battle of Britain' they needed to double up on him so he must have been special to be singled out and keep Lorimer out of the Scotland team more times than not.
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

Selby White wrote:
Westminster wrote:All the best teams had Scottish players. Don Revie's Leeds had no less than seven Scots when they won the title in '74:

Bremner, Eddie Gray; Frank Gray; Harvey; Jordan; Lorimer; McQueen.
Add Dave Stewart to that list joined in 73 in place of Sprake, played in Paris 75 and later got one cap for Scotland.
:thumbup:

Plus, various other Scottish players during the early years of Revie's reign - Bobby Collins, Willie Bell and Jim Storrie spring to mind.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Westminster wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Westminster wrote:All the best teams had Scottish players. Don Revie's Leeds had no less than seven Scots when they won the title in '74:

Add Dave Stewart to that list joined in 73 in place of Sprake, played in Paris 75 and later got one cap for Scotland.

Plus, various other Scottish players during the early years of Revie's reign - Bobby Collins, Willie Bell and Jim Storrie spring to mind.
Was just reading in his one appearance for Scotland he saved a penalty.
In our 75 European Cup run he replaced Harvey (who got injured in a car crash) from Anderlecht onwards including both Barca games.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Sweet dreams are made of this
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

Selby White wrote:
Westminster wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Was just reading in his one appearance for Scotland he saved a penalty.
In our 75 European Cup run he replaced Harvey (who got injured in a car crash) from Anderlecht onwards including both Barca games.
I knew Stewart was Scottish but had forgotten he'd played for his country. Re: Harvey - his stock was on the rise after the '74 World Cup but I always thought he was never quite as good after that car crash.