Leeds have scored more goals than Chelsea

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Puffing Billy
Giddy Kipper

Leeds have scored more goals than Chelsea

Post by Puffing Billy »

Leeds have scored more goals than Chelsea, so it seems to me that the problem is in the defence. Is this likely to be fixed? Do Leeds have enough money to do anything about it?
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Leeds have scored more goals than Chelsea

Post by SiMamu »

Leeds have already signed two international CBs, they've just spent large periods injured. Beyond signing a better LB, the defence doesn't need more investment. Midfield is the biggest problem.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Once all our players are fit & we’re getting there the defence will be much harder to breach. Welcome to the forum by the way.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

As others have said it will improve when all our players are match fit.

Of course our style of play creates goals but provides opportunities but more importantly provides entertainment.
imagine having to watch boring predictable football like Chelsea after what we've been seeing. On the other hand imagine how good such as Chelsea with the value of their squad would be under Bielsa instead of some of the clowns they have employed.
Building and developing a team is far superior to buying one in my view, I'd hate us to be like the Chelsea's and Manchester's of this world.

Its our first season up and as we've done over the last 3 years will continue to improve, only a matter of time before the rest are looking up at us and trying to copy the Bielsa way.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Clarke One Nil
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Clarke One Nil »

The defenders who we had when Bielsa arrived have already greatly improved under him, and we have been very unlucky with injuries to the new defenders.

However, Bielsa’s style of play, which I love, will always include that the opposition will have more chances than they would if we played more conservatively.

Even with that, our defenders have been good more often than bad. They have conceded only seven goals in their best fifteen games combined, including eight clean sheets.

The problem has been conceding 22 goals (half of our total) in just five games against Liverpool, Leicester, Palace, Man United and Arsenal.

As we’re not likely to be relying on goal difference this season, I’m happy to let the players get used to the system while they improve and we gradually add to the squad.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Puffing Billy wrote:Leeds have scored more goals than Chelsea, so it seems to me that the problem is in the defence. Is this likely to be fixed? Do Leeds have enough money to do anything about it?
Welcome to the forum pal, why not introduce yourself in the new members section....

http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=4
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.