Hall of Fame - Vote for next inductee

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Hall of Fame - Vote for the 4th inductee

Post by Selby White »

cheffy007 wrote:I’d like to see Tony Currie added to the list. That curling goal from outside the box against Southampton will live in my memory for many a year. Also Tony Yeboah. I remember when we bought him, a kitchen Porter I was working with at a hotel in London told me he was going to be brilliant at Leeds, I asked how he knew of him, he told me that he went to school with him back in Ghana and he’d followed his career. Some of those goals and the hat trick in Monaco, happy days.
Good call will add the two Tony's to next weeks vote :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Another from the Revie era but think Paul Reaney deserves to be on the list, the quiet man for me but a top fullback and 3rd on all time appearances behind Jack & Billy who are already selected.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

The Fonz wrote:Another from the Revie era but think Paul Reaney deserves to be on the list, the quiet man for me but a top fullback and 3rd on all time appearances behind Jack & Billy who are already selected.
Another good suggestion :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Hall of Fame - Vote for the 5th inductee

Post by Selby White »

Peter Lorimer becomes our 4th member to be inducted into our "Hall of Fame" (dedicated thread to follow)

Great response from forum member with 70votes been cast, Peter received 11 with John Charles (9) & Eddie Gray (8) among others not too far behind.

Voting is open again to select who will be our next inductee (feel free to cast up to 3 votes :thumbup: ) .
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

I wish to nominate Albert Johanneson to our Hall of Fame.
Played 1961 -1970. 48 goals. A major piece of Revie's promotion team from the old 2nd div. and establishing Leeds in the 1st div. That's not too shabby, but it's Alberts accomplishments,his contribution to football in general and bringing diversity at a very early stage to our game.
As a young man, to say it was a culture shock coming from 1960 South Africa to Leeds is an understatement. Before setting foot on the field he had to overcome climate, food, way of life,and racism, which unfortunately did not stop throughout his career. He was subjected to abuse both from the terraces an most disgustingly from some of his fellow professionals. believe it or not, England legend 'Sir Bobby Moore', being one of the worst offenders.
He forged a path for other players worldwide to follow.
Sad to say his life took a downhill turn after he left football, suffering from alcoholism for many years and early death.
This contribution to football, the courage he showed, from a mild mannered, quiet almost meek person is the reason I nominate him.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Thank You Saxon, Albert will be included in next weeks voting list :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Eddie for me, narrowly though. My earliest memories was dropping my shoulder and dribbling through to the box giving a running commentary as I went ... "Gray, past one, past two what a GGOOOAALL" pity most of the opponents were lamp posts and coats.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:Eddie for me, narrowly though. My earliest memories was dropping my shoulder and dribbling through to the box giving a running commentary as I went ... "Gray, past one, past two what a GGOOOAALL" pity most of the opponents were lamp posts and coats.
Think Eddie is a shoe in to make the hall of fame at some stage (along with most on the voting list), but will it be next week, time and votes will tell us.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Am I OK suggesting James Milner although he only played around 50 games for us.
Leeds fan, still loved and product of our academy.
Had a fantastic professional career and I believe if circumstances were different he would have never left here.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

The Fonz wrote:Am I OK suggesting James Milner although he only played around 50 games for us.
Leeds fan, still loved and product of our academy.
Had a fantastic professional career and I believe if circumstances were different he would have never left here.
Of course will add James, not checked but suspect played more than at least one other on the list.
And of course should be over 600 appearances but for bad management :thumbup:

Big fan myself.