Final points tally

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Final points tally

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Leonickroberts wrote:
I agree that Watford look good but not brilliant, and none of the playoff sides are particularly great, but this Norwich side is pretty phenomenal and the club seems to be very well run. They'll be a great addition to the EPL, and should be able to hang onto Buendia at least, even if Aarons does go (I'd love him at Leeds but unlikely we can compete).
No time for Norwich I’m afraid can’t forget how signed Johnson, Becchio & Howson. Remember Warnock thinking he’d got a great deal signing Steve Morison :roll: Its a decent away trip though & I like the Compleat Angler pub on the River Yare.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

ChilwellWhite wrote:A top ten finish would be amazing especially as the 2 teams that came up with us have really struggled and could both be relegated. I honestly thought we would finish just above a relegation spot. Can’t see any of the teams coming causing any problems next season and I would think all 3, irrespective of which 3 they are will start as favourites to go down, thus the yo-yo continues
Too Ten is a great performance and would have been taken it without doubt at the start.
Think the next two matches are big in the fact could win or lose either.
Win them both and think it would be likely we could win all our remaining games and we would climb higher (7th?) . Lose both and can see us finishing just outside top ten.
In reality can't see us winning or losing both.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Clarke One Nil
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Clarke One Nil »

I’m delighted with this season so far. Mid-table with a possibility of top ten is a wonderful return to the top division.

I agree that 9th to 11th are likely to be between us, Arsenal, and Villa, with Villa having a game in hand but a more difficult run-in.

My guess is
9th 56-59 Leeds
10th 55-57 Arsenal
11th 51-52 Villa

To go higher than 9th, we would also need Spurs to drop 7 points more than we do from their last five games, or else Everton or Liverpool to drop even more than that.

So if we beat Spurs (and win our other four games) we would also need Spurs to drop at least another 4 points (against Sheffield Utd, Wolves, Villa, and Leicester.)

That is possible, but not likely. And I would be delighted with anywhere in the top ten.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Clarke One Nil wrote:I’m delighted with this season so far. Mid-table with a possibility of top ten is a wonderful return to the top division.

I agree that 9th to 11th are likely to be between us, Arsenal, and Villa, with Villa having a game in hand but a more difficult run-in.

My guess is
9th 56-59 Leeds
10th 55-57 Arsenal
11th 51-52 Villa

To go higher than 9th, we would also need Spurs to drop 7 points more than we do from their last five games, or else Everton or Liverpool to drop even more than that.

So if we beat Spurs (and win our other four games) we would also need Spurs to drop at least another 4 points (against Sheffield Utd, Wolves, Villa, and Leicester.)

That is possible, but not likely. And I would be delighted with anywhere in the top ten.
Beat Spurs (& Brighton) and it could get interesting

Based on last 5 games we have gained 11 points, Spurs 8pts, Everton 6pts, Arsenal 5pts, Villa 4pts.
That is excellent considering our opposition.

All keep that form and we will finish 9th but a little closer to those above. But as I say beat Spurs and Brighton and look up.
Remind me again how many points we got from the last 5 games last year ;)

Just a point but Man City winning the League Cup moves the English place in the new European Conference to league position, 6th or 7th depending on the FA Cup winners getting a Champs League spot (or even 8th if Chelsea or Scum win the Champs or Europa League and finish outside the to 4).
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
dunboyne white

Post by dunboyne white »

The lot of the supporter is to veer between optimism and pessimism depending on the last performance. With the remaining opponents being 3 of the bottom 5, all of whom will have zilch to motivate them by the time we play them, our best players all back from injury, and how well we played yesterday, it has to be 59, doesn’t it!
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

Metro1962 wrote: I am going for Leeds to finish above Liverpool
As above. :thumbup:
dunboyne white

Post by dunboyne white »

Metro1962 wrote:
I love your optimism but that’s giving Liverpool only 1 point from their last 4 games?
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

dunboyne white wrote:
Metro1962 wrote:
I love your optimism but that’s giving Liverpool only 1 point from their last 4 games?
Well 1 point is allowed but not at Leeds expense. :lol:
dunboyne white

Post by dunboyne white »

One more win guarantees 10th. Every chance we'll win both games given current form but more than likely Arsenal will take the 4 points they need, so 10th it's going to be.

59 points would be a phenomenal return for a newly promoted team. In each of the last three seasons, 59 points would have delivered 7th.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I said before the season started I just wanted to survive and not become the whipping boys of the Premier League. Think those concerns are well put to bed.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders