Enterprise Insurance issue winding up petition

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Winding Up

Post by Mellor »

Seen nothing to suggest that any of the bidders are any more or less 'upright' than our cavaliere bianco.

Flowers company sponsored lufc for the publicity not out of benevolence I guess? I imagine he was subbing with a view to buying, his winding up order seems to confirm this? He feels like a funny sort of fan just now.

Can see why others would think differently.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Ooh look, here we go

Version 1 removed to protect the innocent

Version 2 has now arrived. Who was it who said GFH would be better than Bates all those months ago ;)

The winding up petition issued by Enterprise Insurance, a sponsor whose managing director, Andrew Flowers, claims to support the club, is misconceived and an abuse of legal process. It is being vigorously contested by the club's lawyers and there are no valid grounds to issue the petition.
Under the ownership of GFH Capital Leeds United has always met its financial obligations, and it will continue to do so

Please let it end.
Last edited by Mellor on 04 Feb 2014, 23:48, edited 2 times in total.
attacco decente
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

As a fan, he's made it blatantly obvious that he doesn't want Cellino anywhere near Leeds United and is prepared to risk his popularity with supporters to achieve that aim.
As a businessman, he's made it blatantly obvious that he doesn't want Cellino anywhere near Leeds United and is prepared to risk his popularity with supporters to achieve that aim.
Which of those options our supporters prefer is their choice.
We're on our way to....
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

Wilfred Martin wrote:As a fan, he's made it blatantly obvious that he doesn't want Cellino anywhere near Leeds United and is prepared to risk his popularity with supporters to achieve that aim.
As a businessman, he's made it blatantly obvious that he doesn't want Cellino anywhere near Leeds United and is prepared to risk his popularity with supporters to achieve that aim.
Which of those options our supporters prefer is their choice.
Option 3, as a potential suitor he's made it perfectly clear when reneging on his bid and when issuing a winding up order against the club that he isn't a fit and proper person?

Wish it was over. First 6 months and now getting on for 3. Is that 9 of the last 18 months fiddling while Rome burns.
attacco decente
Lairy on the Lowfields
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Lairy on the Lowfields »

There's clearly a hell of a lot of people with a hell of a lot of explaining to do if they ever hope to convince us the long suffering fans.
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

Mellor wrote: Option 3, as a potential suitor he's made it perfectly clear when reneging on his bid and when issuing a winding up order against the club that he isn't a fit and proper person?

Wish it was over. First 6 months and now getting on for 3. Is that 9 of the last 18 months fiddling while Rome burns.
Quite frankly, none of the potential suitors are ideal. I guess that as supporters, we will accept the final outcome and try to influence their views with our support or otherwise.

When I became a Leeds United supporter around 50 years ago, it was all about entertainment on the pitch and the sheer enjoyment of watching quality football from ourselves and the opposing team. Whether we won, drew or lost, I always felt that my money was well spent. The facilities were vastly inferior to today's all-seater luxury stadia, but the sporting experience was superb. As fans, we didn't have to concern ourselves with club finances or politics. We all had trust that our owners would do their best on our behalf. We had a manager who was beyond reproach in his attitude, loyalty and commitment to the success of the club (which is why I like Brian McDermott as our team leader) and we had stability (which is why I think Cellino is not right for our club).

I accept that the world has moved on from those halcyon days, but this week has been a million miles away from why I became a Leeds United supporter (second half on Saturday excepted). To me, whatever the outcome of these "negotiations". my love for Leeds United, and football in general, has been damaged. Whatever the outcome of this debacle, fans like myself will question whether spending our cash to watch my beloved team is worthwhile. Leeds United are ingrained in my heart, and have been a big part of my life, but my love is rapidly diminishing as a result of the actions of greedy people with self-interest uppermost in their minds. I hope that the feuding factions realise the long term damage that they are doing to this club, and how hard it will be to get disaffected supporters to come back and pay money to watch our beloved team play. It only takes a few thousand supporters feeling like myself to make a massive difference to the financial future of our brilliant club. If those "bidders" ever forget that, they do so at their financial peril, and none of them will ever succeed. It's time for one of the bidders to come out, make a statement of their short/medium/long term intentions, supported by financial proof, and take the fans with them. At the moment, we as fans know nothing in detail about any of their plans. They have ignored the people who matter the most. They are all equally guilty of that crime, and it is an offence which is definitely not "spent".
We're on our way to....
BillysBarmyLass
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by BillysBarmyLass »

There is something fundamentally wrong with football today. From Rooney's (sorry I put his name on this sacred site) outlandish and abhorrent salary to the plan by Beckham (Marketing man not a lot of talent) to purchase an MLS franchise in Miami demonstrates that there is more than enough money in football however it is disproportionately displaced thus undermining the overall historic principles of the beautiful game. Managers average length of stay is 1-2 years (if they can avoid less than 5 consecutive losses). Compared to other major sports the football owners in England have the worst stats for "investing" in their managers. Corrupt doesn't even cover it. How and where do we channel our anger, how do we make any difference. I know we make a difference to the players. We need salary caps, rigorous governance standards and enforcement of those standards by the FA and a complete overhaul to bring back anything that represents football as we know, knew it.
Long gone are the days where the players all bought pubs to see them through their mid thirties onwards, I have enjoyed drinking in many of them with the ex-players behind or propping up the bar sometimes. Am I sentimental? Am I unrealistic? Am I hopeful?

Breaking News "Just read albeit on the daily mail app - that Cellino was kick out of the leeds takeover??? what is going on?
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Mellor wrote:
isrodger wrote:The £6m was borrowed by bates, to be paid over two yrs I think, obviously loan was extended GFH have just extended the liability. He couldn't mortgage the company so took out loans against future season ticket sales, sponsorship and catering (5yrs) hence the £16m black hole. GFH knew about this and have effectively attempted to just roll everything over. The club needs £50m plus investment. Bates will have drawn the money as expenses & payment against over companies doubtless. Good on flowers in some respects at least it's out in the open Bates, GFH, Haigh, Patel and the now not to be seen Arab with the white teeth.
Loans have by dates? Is the date up or overdue?

Flowers looking anything but a member of the LUFC family just now. Cellino meanwhile is looking more and more like the best option.

I wanted excitement. Cellino is certainly providing it.
I believe £5m per season was advanced against season ticket sales 2012/14, catering revenues were mortgaged for 5 seasons, and £6m was lent by enterprise payable this year sometime - might be wrong.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

One plea if it true Celinio has sold out calgaria to the qataris who funded psg, please miss out the middle man ... Buy an english side instead. Please.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Lairy on the Lowfields wrote:There's clearly a hell of a lot of people with a hell of a lot of explaining to do if they ever hope to convince us the long suffering fans.
:clap:

And all the while we supporters and fans are left to bicker and snipe between us. It won't be long before some folk start calling for Bates' return :lol: