Enterprise Insurance issue winding up petition

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Winding Up

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

Ah remember the good old days when we had stability under Mr Bates?? Sorry ONS couldn't help myself there. :wave:
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

Mellor wrote:Ooh look, here we go

Version 1 removed to protect the innocent

Version 2 has now arrived. Who was it who said GFH would be better than Bates all those months ago ;)

The winding up petition issued by Enterprise Insurance, a sponsor whose managing director, Andrew Flowers, claims to support the club, is misconceived and an abuse of legal process. It is being vigorously contested by the club's lawyers and there are no valid grounds to issue the petition.
Under the ownership of GFH Capital Leeds United has always met its financial obligations, and it will continue to do so

Please let it end.
Could he have done this to give GFH the pretext to discontinue the sale process with Cellini? i.e. so GFH can say that now there is a winding up petition to contest they cannot continue with the whole thing.
There's a subtext to all this somewhere. What has been made public doesn't really add up.
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

Ricardo Da Lepp wrote:

Version 2 has now arrived. Who was it who said GFH would be better than Bates all those months ago ;)

The winding up petition issued by Enterprise Insurance, a sponsor whose managing director, Andrew Flowers, claims to support the club, is misconceived and an abuse of legal process. It is being vigorously contested by the club's lawyers and there are no valid grounds to issue the petition.
Under the ownership of GFH Capital Leeds United has always met its financial obligations, and it will continue to do so

Please let it end.
Could he have done this to give GFH the pretext to discontinue the sale process with Cellini? i.e. so GFH can say that now there is a winding up petition to contest they cannot continue with the whole thing.
There's a subtext to all this somewhere. What has been made public doesn't really add up.
It's like a bad episode of the X Files, one that doesn't seem to end. Image
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Ricardo Da Lepp wrote:

Please let it end.
I call that dumping in your own back yard and where I grew up you just don't do that. I'm sure you're right about the motive, although I think it's to force GFHs hand rather than to assist them, but it's still a dirty trick which, for me at least, shows that Flowers is as unfit and improper as any of the bidders.

We have 4 vital aways ahead. A football club should be focussing all it's energies on winning those games. Fail and we will be looking over our shoulder. Lufc of course has better things to do, as usual.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
oxblood
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by oxblood »

As they say. Alls fair in love and war
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad
ulster_white
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by ulster_white »

WITH ALL THE MAYHEM SURROUNDING LEEDS UTD, MULTI MILLION POUND LOSES, WINDING UP PETITIONS, THE SHARKS ARE CIRCLING TO GRAB THE REMNANTS OF OUR CLUB, WOULDN'T BE AT ALL SURPRISED IF ANOTHER ADMINISTRATION IS'NT FAR AWAY AND ANOTHER 10 YEARS WILL BE LOST.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Enterprise Insurance issue winding up petition

Post by SiMamu »

Help-Link ‏@Help_LinkUK · 16m
Fantastic meeting at @LUFC - exciting news to come..... #lufc
Possible new front of the shirt sponsor?
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Thanks for posting.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I reckon this is purely to bugger up the Cellino deal. Enterprize can effectively be cheaper than Cellino now by waving the debt if they takeover and/or hinder the Cellino deal by having to add it as another debt Cellino will have to pay off.

Its just down to dirty tricks now. Honestly not sure who I want to take over the club now.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Course it's to bugger up the Cellino deal, Sloopy, so that he can get his deal back in to the mix. That's how I see it any road. I think it's done for but I'm not surprised at the dirty tricks, which might be a bit inaccurate as he hasn't actually dirtied the club before has he? (I don't know most of the goings on so it's not an opinion).

But anyway, dirty tricks is for me better than what McDermott had to go through last week. As that great comment mentioned recently on here goes, 'You only get one chance to make a first impression', a genius comment.