Enterprise Insurance issue winding up petition

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Winding Up

Post by dlw10 »

BillysBarmyLass wrote:There is something fundamentally wrong with football today. From Rooney's (sorry I put his name on this sacred site) outlandish and abhorrent salary to the plan by Beckham (Marketing man not a lot of talent) to purchase an MLS franchise in Miami demonstrates that there is more than enough money in football however it is disproportionately displaced thus undermining the overall historic principles of the beautiful game. Managers average length of stay is 1-2 years (if they can avoid less than 5 consecutive losses). Compared to other major sports the football owners in England have the worst stats for "investing" in their managers. Corrupt doesn't even cover it. How and where do we channel our anger, how do we make any difference. I know we make a difference to the players. We need salary caps, rigorous governance standards and enforcement of those standards by the FA and a complete overhaul to bring back anything that represents football as we know, knew it.
Long gone are the days where the players all bought pubs to see them through their mid thirties onwards, I have enjoyed drinking in many of them with the ex-players behind or propping up the bar sometimes. Am I sentimental? Am I unrealistic? Am I hopeful?

Breaking News "Just read albeit on the daily mail app - that Cellino was kick out of the leeds takeover??? what is going on?
You describe the game I loved but sadly I think it is lost forever and has been for some while now.
isrodger

Re: Enterprise Insurance issue winding up petition

Post by isrodger »

onenorthernsoul wrote:
But anyway, dirty tricks is for me better than what McDermott had to go through last week. As that great comment mentioned recently on here goes, 'You only get one chance to make a first impression', a genius comment.
I remember a guy called Richard baker saying that to me- he actually went on to be CEO of boots (Chelsea fan ) - I digress. Cellino, has blown it with the fans already. We have been bullshitted to death for ten years. GFH & haighs credibility is out the window, and noodles who wanted his mates lad given an acadamy place, appears to be siding with the mad Italian. I fear the Italian will get us and completely disenfranchise us fans. He appears to be like abramovich on speed without the money, I think he called it right with Haigh though, well intended maybe, but a political animal, who will side with whoever is best for dave. If this goes through and pans out as forecast, this will be a real test for lust, and there may come a real watershed in British football.We as fans have had a belly full, I've lost interest in some respects, we all know what is required, unfortunately there is no one out there who can provide that option. It's depressing.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Enterprise Insurance issue winding up petition

Post by corkleedsmot »

feels like more than a belly full!! im a lifelong leeds fan ill for sure support leeds the rest of my life but honestly i havent felt much passion watching the team in the last 5-10 years. that feeling before kickoff that gets your blood stirring if you get me.its more like going through the motions,before all this nonsense of the past decade i would have been feeling something resembling outrage at the latest debacle and winding up order etc etc but now its just like yeah no problem ill eat another bowl of s**t.im hoping against all hope that mCcormacks hatrick will be remembered as a turning point for us and not the start of another downward slide.we will probably be owned by the italian soon and we should wait and give him a chance to show what his vision for the club might be and i think if he starts messing around we should 1) cheer on the team even louder and make elland road a cauldron 2)greet his every negative action with huge protests while doing so until he realises leeds are a big english football club with massive history and not his new toy.im sure there are others here he feel much the same
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

BillysBarmyLass wrote:There is something fundamentally wrong with football today. From Rooney's (sorry I put his name on this sacred site) outlandish and abhorrent salary to the plan by Beckham (Marketing man not a lot of talent) to purchase an MLS franchise in Miami demonstrates that there is more than enough money in football however it is disproportionately displaced thus undermining the overall historic principles of the beautiful game. Managers average length of stay is 1-2 years (if they can avoid less than 5 consecutive losses). Compared to other major sports the football owners in England have the worst stats for "investing" in their managers. Corrupt doesn't even cover it. How and where do we channel our anger, how do we make any difference. I know we make a difference to the players. We need salary caps, rigorous governance standards and enforcement of those standards by the FA and a complete overhaul to bring back anything that represents football as we know, knew it.
Long gone are the days where the players all bought pubs to see them through their mid thirties onwards, I have enjoyed drinking in many of them with the ex-players behind or propping up the bar sometimes. Am I sentimental? Am I unrealistic? Am I hopeful?

Breaking News "Just read albeit on the daily mail app - that Cellino was kick out of the leeds takeover??? what is going on?
Not really very relevant but have to disagree on a couple of things - beckham was a superb player in his prime, and I don't understand how footballers no longer buying pubs when they retire is somehow a loss to the game
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Costy wrote:

Not really very relevant but have to disagree on a couple of things - beckham was a superb player in his prime, and I don't understand how footballers no longer buying pubs when they retire is somehow a loss to the game
Beckhams a credit to himself although not the greatest, but maybe a better player than Giggs? The reference to pubs, I suspect means we no longer have access to our heros, past tales etc.