How Wrong was I?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

How Wrong was I?

Post by johnnysmiles »

When Heckingbottom was fired, I remember posting on here that while Bielsa (who I admit i had never heard of previous to him being linked with Leeds) looked like an exciting option, I was worried by his relative lack of success...

Yes he was good at improving players and was seen as the manager's manager, but, I argued, would we not be better off with Steve Bruce or Sam Allardyce... managers with a proven track record of getting teams out of the Championship?

Now, as we sit comfortably positioned in the top 10 of the Premier League with as many wins as Liverpool, and after 3 of the best seasons in our history in terms of the beautiful football we have been treated to, the moral high ground we occupy(!), not to mention the fact that we've finally escaped the Championship, I would just like to celebrate how wrong I was!

(If I can be greedy, a 5-2 away win at Stamford Bridge next season would be the icing on the cake!)
frogmill0
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Re: How Wrong was I?

Post by frogmill0 »

If West Brom can do it so can we, especially now the London Hoodoo has been banished!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I think most of were as well. I'd never heard of MB and reading up on his short terms at clubs didn't fill me with confidence but sometimes you just don't know when things will click.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
hugo70
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by hugo70 »

Buenos días... Sin duda la mayoría no estaban de acuerdo con la elección de Bielsa en mi caso que soy un admirador de lo que propone en cuanto a la forma y la ética y lo que genera en cuanto a sus exigencias de lo que quiere de parte del club como compromiso ... Y sin duda encajo en el lugar ideal con jug adores con ganas de trabajar y de evolucionar que para lo que el pretende es imprescindible que los jugadores estén comprometidos y convencidos...
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

hugo70 wrote:Buenos días... Sin duda la mayoría no estaban de acuerdo con la elección de Bielsa en mi caso que soy un admirador de lo que propone en cuanto a la forma y la ética y lo que genera en cuanto a sus exigencias de lo que quiere de parte del club como compromiso ... Y sin duda encajo en el lugar ideal con jug adores con ganas de trabajar y de evolucionar que para lo que el pretende es imprescindible que los jugadores estén comprometidos y convencidos...

Good morning ... Undoubtedly the majority did not agree with the choice of Bielsa in my case that I am an admirer of what he proposes in terms of form and ethics and what he generates in terms of his demands of what he wants on the part of the club as a commitment ... And without a doubt I fit in the ideal place with players who want to work and evolve that for what he wants it is essential that the players are committed and convinced ...
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

hugo70 wrote:Buenos días... Sin duda la mayoría no estaban de acuerdo con la elección de Bielsa en mi caso que soy un admirador de lo que propone en cuanto a la forma y la ética y lo que genera en cuanto a sus exigencias de lo que quiere de parte del club como compromiso ... Y sin duda encajo en el lugar ideal con jug adores con ganas de trabajar y de evolucionar que para lo que el pretende es imprescindible que los jugadores estén comprometidos y convencidos...

Could you give BB a few tips ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:

Could you give BB a few tips ;)

:lol: :clap: :lol: :clap:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Please drop into the Foreign Languages thread Hugo, as others have said, I could do with the help :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
marziale
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by marziale »

My thinking is that this is what Hugo is saying... Without doubt most people did not agree with the appointment of Bielsa. In my case as an admirer of his, in respect of how he works, of his principles, and of what he demands of the club (he works for) in terms of commitment…And no doubt he …is perfect for those players who are not frightened of hard work and who want to develop, and that what he demands as an absolute requirement that those players must be totally committed and utterly convinced…
marziale
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by marziale »

Slight adjustment sorry

My thinking is that this is what Hugo is saying... Without doubt most people did not agree with the appointment of Bielsa. In my case as an admirer of his, in respect of how he works, of his principles, and of what he demands of the club (he works for) in terms of commitment…And no doubt he …is perfect for those players who are not frightened of hard work and who want to develop, and that FOR what he WANTS, IT IS an absolute requirement that those players must be totally committed and utterly convinced…