Leeds United vs Liverpool Memories

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Leeds United vs Liverpool Memories

Post by johnh »

My favourite Liverpool game at ER was an evening game in the depths of winter. (early 1960's) I got to the ground and found that only about half the turnstiles were open. There were massive queues everywhere. Waited for ages and the queue didn't move an inch. Decided to have a walk around the ground to see if I could find somewhere better, but no luck. There used to be an alleyway behind the open terrace at the Gelderd Road end. Along this alleyway the ground was walled off with a 10/12 foot high brick wall with barbed wire on top. Someone had put a log in the corner of one of the buttresses of the wall. I realised that if you put your foot on the top of this, then you could reach the top of the wall. I did this, got on top of the wall and managed to get over the barbed wire without damaging the crown jewels. Then up the grass slope to the top of the terracing. By this time, the game had been going for about 20 minutes but I did see most of it. Can't remember who won, the score, or anything else about the game, but remember the above as though it was yesterday. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.