Champions League

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dunboyne white
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Champions League

Post by dunboyne white »

So it's Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Leeds for next season's Champions League?

Not going to happen of course, I see a backdown by the "super six" by the end of this week.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Champions League

Post by Another Northern Soul »

dunboyne white wrote:So it's Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Leeds for next season's Champions League?

Not going to happen of course, I see a backdown by the "super six" by the end of this week.
I really don't know what to think - normally I'd agree with you DW but this isn't normal posturing or brinksmanship if the reports are true that there's £6 billion involved for the Dirty Dozen and the other very few teams waiting in the wings.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Needs every major association to follow through with their threat to ban participating players from playing for their country ... if that happens, most of the international players will leave the money-grabbing clubs and nobody will watch it. Could be some interesting court cases! It is a horrible thought if football really does come down to purely the money - a real turn-off for me.

I also think it was good to see our club making a stand for fans and the spirit of competitive football last night - poor of Klopp to criticise that and something he'll need to get used to in the coming days.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Leicester White wrote:Needs every major association to follow through with their threat to ban participating players from playing for their country ... if that happens, most of the international players will leave the money-grabbing clubs and nobody will watch it. Could be some interesting court cases! It is a horrible thought if football really does come down to purely the money - a real turn-off for me.

I also think it was good to see our club making a stand for fans and the spirit of competitive football last night - poor of Klopp to criticise that and something he'll need to get used to in the coming days.
Sadly, can't agree that 'nobody will watch it.' This may apply here and in Europe, but the Yanks are targetting places like America, China and India. They are not particularly interested in 'fans through the turnstiles', The serious cash is through television. The Yanks will change the rules of the game, primarily to increase goals eg no offsides. The whole thing will be jazzed up like American football.
I once played against Don Revie.
dunboyne white
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by dunboyne white »

dunboyne white wrote:So it's Leicester, West Ham, Everton and Leeds for next season's Champions League?

Why didn't I type "by the end of the day"?