Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur Memories

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur Memories

Post by kk white »

Paul ITFC wrote:Sorry for my intrusions on your site...
NottinghamWhite wrote:PS You’re never intruding love your memories ;)
Echo that. You'll have to stop apologising Paul, you're a much respected contributor here. Love your honesty about us and your obvious devotion to ITFC :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

kk white wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Wasn't it at Spurs that Lee Chapman crashed face first into the track around the pitch?

Horrid injury.
Yep
https://twitter.com/lufchistory/status/ ... 88?lang=en
That's my strongest memory ... went with 2 school mates (1 Leeds/1 Spurs who sadly passed from Cancer 2 months ago). We also subbed our sub at that match - I hadn't seen that before. Nil Nil from memory but that's a bit blurred as we had a cracking night out in London after.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My one & only visit to Boothferry Park was in 1971-72 to see us play a “home” fixture against Spurs don’t remember a lot about the game except it was a 1-1 draw.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:My one & only visit to Boothferry Park was in 1971-72 to see us play a “home” fixture against Spurs don’t remember a lot about the game except it was a 1-1 draw.
Was at that one also but actually been to Boothferry Park twice the other to support Hull versus Man Utd in the Watney Cup semi-final in the early 70's (my mates dad was related to Ken Wagstaff one of the Hull players so free tickets :D ).
History was made that night with Hull earning a 1-1 draw and taking it to what was the first penalty shoot out in English Football history. Sadly the Hull goalkeeper took the last one and despite been the hero all night hit the bar with his spot kick.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.