Burnley vs Leeds United Memories

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Burnley vs Leeds United Memories

Post by Saxon »

Turf Moor was a miserable place in the 1960's. We would get there early and set up on their 'Kop', the covered end. Burnley fans would fill in closer to kick off and then things would get ugly. I remember one year Gary Sprake being pelted with beer bottles.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We arrived at a pub near Blackburn where a pre order of 32 steak & kidney pie & chips were served.

Just thought 32 steak & kidney pies not a vegetarian, vegan, gluten free or pescatarian amongst us :lol:
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:We arrived at a pub near Blackburn where a pre order of 32 steak & kidney pie & chips were served.

Just thought 32 steak & kidney pies not a vegetarian, vegan, gluten free or pescatarian amongst us :lol:
Nearest thing to been a vegetarian back then was having a grilled tomato on your breakfast ;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Saxon wrote:Turf Moor was a miserable place in the 1960's. We would get there early and set up on their 'Kop', the covered end. Burnley fans would fill in closer to kick off and then things would get ugly. I remember one year Gary Sprake being pelted with beer bottles.
Gary would have collected them, to get the money back on the empties. :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Was chatting to an old mate earlier & he was telling me his first visit to Turf Moor was in 1968-69. He reminisced that he was in a full away end where there was no segregation between the fans. For 2 hours the Leeds fans stood mocking the opposition fans & we had a certain arrogance. Missiles were launched between both sets of fans & the odd skirmish broke out with both sides claiming victory over t’other. I asked what was the game like he said forgettable & I said remind me what was the score again to which he responded 5-1 to Burnley :D
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Well, I have some good ones today :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders