Relegated Teams - Who would you consider as an option

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Relegated Teams - Who would you consider as an option

Post by SiMamu »

Otherworld wrote:Not a single one of them. They’re all on the way down, we’re heading in the opposite direction...
Liverpool signed Wijnaldum and Robertson from teams who had just been relegated.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
bedfordwhites
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by bedfordwhites »

If i had to pick somebody from the list of players. Probably Joe Bryan from Fulham. MOT.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

guitarmark wrote:Connor Callagher for me - midfield player who is box to box - Good vision and can run with the ball - Maybe not a natural #10 as such but a better version of Klich/Forshaw in many ways
Isn't a loanee from Chelsea?
Keep The Faith / WAL
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
guitarmark wrote:Connor Callagher for me - midfield player who is box to box - Good vision and can run with the ball - Maybe not a natural #10 as such but a better version of Klich/Forshaw in many ways
Isn't a loanee from Chelsea?
Yes but I'd either take him as a loan option, with a view to buy, or buy if we can get a good deal - I don't see him getting in a Chelsea team based on their current set-up etc

maybe a post covid climate will have an impact on the price of some of these players - see the dead wood posting - There was talk of Abraham and a 40M tag with a move from Chelsea and Eddie at Arsenal with a 20M tag - In my opinion both are over priced - I don't see any club in the top 8 needing such a player - Maybe Leicester at a push if they are looking for their next #9 as Vardy gets older

So those clubs/players need to be more realistic on their prices - Would we take a sniff on Eddie at 5/8 mill ? - Maybe but I'm not sure he has progressed since he left us - T Abraham at 15 mill then probably something to consider
white viz
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by white viz »

we are looking for a LB I think young Callum Styles at Barnsley would be worth a shot handy as a full back or wing back and is fast
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

white viz wrote:we are looking for a LB I think young Callum Styles at Barnsley would be worth a shot handy as a full back or wing back and is fast
I like that suggestion, particularly as he can play in midfield too.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."