Relegated Teams - Who would you consider as an option

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Re: Relegated Teams - Who would you consider as an option

Post by Otherworld »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Squad player

West Brom
FW Matheus Pereira

the rest i would not touch or consider.
Totally agree with the above ^
I suspect that Pereira might have an attitude that wouldn’t fit in with MB and the rest of the team. No hard evidence for that, just an impression I get when watching him play...
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

The Fonz wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Robinson, Loftus-Cheek and Lookman from Fulham.

Maitland-Niles, Gallagher and Perreira from WBA.

Berge, Burke and Brewster from Sheff U.
That's a lot of players to fit into the squad, can't see us signing more than 3 or 4 and doubt they would be from relegated teams but you never know.
Think the pick of them is in Positions we are strong such as Sam Johnstone but we have Meslier.
None for me.
I didn't mean bringing in all 9, just players I wouldn't mind, though few of them would be my first choices for positions we need to strengthen.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I can’t see Kiko staying, so maybe a keeper if pushed, probably Johnstone.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:I can’t see Kiko staying, so maybe a keeper if pushed, probably Johnstone.
Thought about him but at 28 probably at his peak so suspect would want first team football.

Just to put another slant on it, are there any players in Championship Clubs that haven't gone up worth a gamble ?
Obviously wont know all clubs until after the play offs.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I can’t see Kiko staying, so maybe a keeper if pushed, probably Johnstone.
Thought about him but at 28 probably at his peak so suspect would want first team football.

Just to put another slant on it, are there any players in Championship Clubs that haven't gone up worth a gamble ?
Agreed. What we need is someone like Heston or Darren Randolph who is happy to be on the bench, and is expierenced enough to come in a do a job if Meslier hits a bad run. An experienced keeper would also be an aide to Caprile and the U23 defence
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Selby White wrote:

I was wondering this Selby, but hard to call before the playoffs have been settled given a lot of talent is in there. Also hard to imagine Norwich or Watford selling their players for anything less than mega money, although I'd love Buendía, Aarons or Joao Pedro. Toney will move to a Premier League team if Brentford don't go up, but can't see it being us. Arnau Dandjuma might be interesting, but could be too big a step up.

Michael Olise would fit the bill for our midfield needs. A raid on Derby's youngsters might be productive (and fun ;) ) - Lee Buchanan, Louis Sibley and Jason Knight would all be good options.

Beyond that, there really aren't many that I'd be that interested in I don't think.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Leonickroberts wrote:
Selby White wrote:

I was wondering this Selby, but hard to call before the playoffs have been settled given a lot of talent is in there. Also hard to imagine Norwich or Watford selling their players for anything less than mega money, although I'd love Buendía, Aarons or Joao Pedro. Toney will move to a Premier League team if Brentford don't go up, but can't see it being us. Arnau Dandjuma might be interesting, but could be too big a step up.

Michael Olise would fit the bill for our midfield needs. A raid on Derby's youngsters might be productive (and fun ;) ) - Lee Buchanan, Louis Sibley and Jason Knight would all be good options.

Beyond that, there really aren't many that I'd be that interested in I don't think.
I'll be honest Leo although I asked the question its one I can't answer myself so relying on you guys. Really haven't followed the Championship this year other than following results.
Last year of course such as Watkins, Eze, Benrahama, etc took the step up so its always possible a few stars in the making could be found.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Selby White wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
Selby White wrote:

I'll be honest Leo although I asked the question its one I can't answer myself so relying on you guys. Really haven't followed the Championship this year other than following results.
Last year of course such as Watkins, Eze, Benrahama, etc took the step up so its always possible a few stars in the making could be found.
It's mainly just nice not having to follow the Championship isn't it! :D
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Otherworld wrote:Not a single one of them. They’re all on the way down, we’re heading in the opposite direction...
Agree, if we were on course to finish 15th-17th and looking to strengthen to ensure we keep up next year too, then I could see the value of looking at a relegation grab. However, we are likely to finish in the top half, or if not then there about, and our aspiration for next year is no longer just survival, but cementing our position in the top half and be challenging for top 6.

With that in mind, and considering we are likely to only make a few additions, who from the relegated teams would be seen as an improvement on what we have?

No point saying squad players, Bielsa won't want someone to be signed as mainly a bench warmer. We won't be vastly increasing our squad size and maybe making just 4-6 signings. Don't think any of the players would be an option.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Connor Callagher for me - midfield player who is box to box - Good vision and can run with the ball - Maybe not a natural #10 as such but a better version of Klich/Forshaw in many ways