Defending

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Defending

Post by LAsouthcoast »

What a triumph this season has been, I never dreamed we would be watching the team play so beautifully so soon. I want to mention how our defending has improved so dramatically over recent weeks, I know we have had injury problems in that area but it dosen`t seem to long ago that when we conceded a corner or free kick it had me shutting my eyes and praying the opposing side didn`t score, yes the return of Llorente and the speed in which Struijk has adapted has helped but what we haven`t seen is the work on the training ground that must have been put in to deal with those situations, we deal with things a lot better now which gives us the platform to go and win games, Bielsa is truly a genius. Mot
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Defending

Post by mapperleywhite »

LAsouthcoast wrote:What a triumph this season has been, I never dreamed we would be watching the team play so beautifully so soon. I want to mention how our defending has improved so dramatically over recent weeks, I know we have had injury problems in that area but it dosen`t seem to long ago that when we conceded a corner or free kick it had me shutting my eyes and praying the opposing side didn`t score, yes the return of Llorente and the speed in which Struijk has adapted has helped but what we haven`t seen is the work on the training ground that must have been put in to deal with those situations, we deal with things a lot better now which gives us the platform to go and win games, Bielsa is truly a genius. Mot
Totally agree. And, as a dovetail to that, remember how all of us, including MB, were bemoaning the ratio of chances created to those missed.

Don't hear that now....
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
frogmill0
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by frogmill0 »

I'm sure the statisticians can quickly come up with a goals for and against comparison for different stages of the season?
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

Was gonna post the same myself. I think we're all a tad more relaxed for having Llorente at the heart of the defence and Pascal Struijk has been a revelation at his side. I liked the look of him at the tail end of last season and he's proved to be an excellent addition to the side, now keeping Cooper out of the team and deservedly so. I always thought if we could stop leaking soft goals we'd push on and challenge those above us because you always fancy us for a goal or four lol. Keep up the tremendous work everyone, you've made us all proud once more to be Leeds United supporters.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just digressing. As a centre-half from back in the 1950's, there were several rules on defending. Can only remember rule no.1. 'If in doubt put it in the top row of the stand'.
I once played against Don Revie.