2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by NottinghamWhite »

According to Graham Smythe we’re thinking about putting a third bid in for Brenden Aaronson. No rush lads take your time :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Just seen Jack Clarke now on loan at Spurs - I wish him well but sadly it appears to all have gone wrong for him - For whatever reason - We obviously got the best part of the deal when we sold him - I recall probably his best game for us - 2-0 v Derby and he skinned their defender all night - Think a Friday night game ?

Wonder how many of our current crop will make it with us, or will be sold on in due course most for a 'small fee' or even with mutual consent and contract expired as such
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:According to Graham Smythe we’re thinking about putting a third bid in for Brenden Aaronson. No rush lads take your time :roll:
Thinking they're paper darts and chucking them out the window :lol:
Keep The Faith / WAL
Leicester White

Post by Leicester White »

Doesn't sound promising on Aaronson... let's hope we're a Premier League team in the summer and are successful in our bid then. I agree with this article - someone who can do the Klich job who has their best years ahead of them is our biggest priority:

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... st-3542325
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

LeedsXtra on Twitter are saying this.
Rodrigo has been offered to Barcelona, the Spanish forward is looking for a greater role to secure his place in Spains World Cup squad. Barcelona are looking for a forward who can fill the role of a CF and as a winger
Winner of the Europa League
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:LeedsXtra on Twitter are saying this.
Rodrigo has been offered to Barcelona, the Spanish forward is looking for a greater role to secure his place in Spains World Cup squad. Barcelona are looking for a forward who can fill the role of a CF and as a winger
Great! Let’s decimate the first team a bit more! I really hope this gamble the club are taking pays off - to be relegated back to the Championship was not supposed to be part of the 5 year plan.
yorkfan

Post by yorkfan »

This lack of incoming transfer activity?

See my earlier thoughts on this elsewhere ... ... ... if The 49rs take a gamble and withhold further transfer funds, and we are relegated, then it makes their eventual takeover at Leeds much cheaper.

In fact, they could probably cover their costs with the sale of both Wor Kalvin and our Brazilian genius, and replacement players to try to come back from The Championship would be correspondingly cheaper too.

Am I just an old cynic?

Hope so, but in these days when the money men call the shots, it doesn't half make you think. :roll:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

yorkfan wrote:This lack of incoming transfer activity?

See my earlier thoughts on this elsewhere ... ... ... if The 49rs take a gamble and withhold further transfer funds, and we are relegated, then it makes their eventual takeover at Leeds much cheaper.

In fact, they could probably cover their costs with the sale of both Wor Kalvin and our Brazilian genius, and replacement players to try to come back from The Championship would be correspondingly cheaper too.

Am I just an old cynic?

Hope so, but in these days when the money men call the shots, it doesn't half make you think. :roll:
I'm 99% sure that SF49ers or any other interested buyer will not be interested in a Championship club as their remit is not to buy into 'failure' but to buy into, and I expect profit too, a successful business. Heard some odd theories and this is certainly one to add to the list, no disrespect intended.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
yorkfan wrote:This lack of incoming transfer activity?

Am I just an old cynic?

I'm 99% sure that SF49ers or any other interested buyer will not be interested in a Championship club as their remit is not to buy into 'failure' but to buy into, and I expect profit too, a successful business. Heard some odd theories and this is certainly one to add to the list, no disrespect intended.
Don't Boston Red sox people own Liverpool, Americans not doing too bad there.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

The Press Association (who they? :?) saying that we have failed with a move for Liverpools Takumi Minamino. :shock: Bit of a long shot I'd have thought as they are unlikely to let him go with their squad temporarily depleted with players out at ACON.

Still, it would be good if we could get it done; be an improvement on what we currently have IMHO
Keep The Faith / WAL