2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Professor Giles
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Professor Giles »

I still think James was over-priced, but now that the deal is done he's very welcome to Elland Road (finally) and at least we have a new winger with a good deal of potential. The frustration for me is that if we were willing to push the boat out so much for James at the last minute that we could not have pushed it out a bit further earlier on to get a top-level central midfielder (e.g. De Paul) to transform the entire team. Looking at some of the other deals just gone through in the last few days, it certainly seems that we're not the only club that got stung in an over-inflated market. Hopefully, Costa will get a deal somewhere in the final hours of the window as that would be best for the player himself and for the club. Valencia's interest in a permanent transfer for him appears to have fallen through.

Looking at the overall situation, James and Summerville would appear to be better options as wingers than Costa and Poveda and Firpo should be an upgrade on Alioski. I don't know enough about Klaesson to make a call on whether he will be better than Casilla, but do worry a bit about his lack of experience if Meslier was to get injured. Now for Marcelo to work his magic on James, just as he has done before with Phillips, Bamford, Klich, Dallas etc.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Jordan Stevens to Barrow permanently
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Clarke One Nil

Post by Clarke One Nil »

Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Valencia in for Costa.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
CanuckMightyWhite

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Valencia in for Costa.
This is turning out to be an excellent day. James replaces Costa and Summerville takes Poveda’s spot.
Lewis Bate and Forshaw will fill in for the midfield and I’m sure the former must be almost as good an option now as Lewis O’Brien.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Costa leaving and being replaced by James does make it all slightly better, although I still would have preferred it if a Hernandez style winger was replacing Costa instead.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
The Squirrel
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by The Squirrel »

PSG turning down £189m for Mbeppe, but losing him on a free next summer? Madness.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Burnley loaning Barkley, he is what we need, imagine what Bielsa could have done with him
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

mapperleywhite wrote:Jordan Stevens to Barrow permanently
Robbie Gotts too
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

HalifaxWhite wrote:Burnley loaning Barkley, he is what we need, imagine what Bielsa could have done with him
Not sure about Barkley. Something is not quite the full ticket. Maybe it's an attitude thing or a mental thing o an application thing or what but he's seems not to have settled wherever he's been. Kind of player Bielsa simply would not entertain I don't think
Keep The Faith / WAL