2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Leonickroberts »

My partner's family are all Reading fans and they really rate him and reckon he'd fit in well under Bielsa given he's not a strict 10, works hard, and has good enough awareness and intelligent to be adaptable. I'd definitely like to see him in a Leeds shirt, and reckon he could make the step up to the Prem, just don't think he's got as much room for improvement as Knight or Sibley.

After yesterday's performance I'm feeling less stressed about bringing in players, but we're still injury crippled and it'd be easy to imagine a scenario in which we don't have a single fit midfielder - we're only Dallas and Klich away from that as it is - so bringing in another body is still a real priority.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I watched the last Reading game on Sky can’t remember who they played & the reason I did watch to watch Swift. He was average at best did nothing to have me screaming sign him up.
I caught most of the Reading V Derby game 2/3 weeks ago with my Rams friends in the pub - I really wanted to watch the game to see some of Swift - He was largely absent - Knight already Rams captain and RI international - He looks promising - Hard to say he is already ahead of Bate - In terms of game time then yes - Potential ? - Probably both behind Connor Callagher as it stands - Easy to ask the question are they good enough for the PL as we could have asked the same question of most of our team - Just shows what the MB game plan etc can do to the player/team

From how Derby play him then I'd say he is more likely to be an attacking midfield player, more than the option to cover/replace KP - And in many ways you could say suitable as the replacement for Saiz and Pablo - Better option I'd say than Roberts in that role and maybe more effective than Rodrigo in that role

Don't see the point in buying him for the U23's - Assuming fitness is what MB requires then I'd say he could play v Newcastle straight away
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Leonickroberts wrote:My partner's family are all Reading fans and they really rate him and reckon he'd fit in well under Bielsa given he's not a strict 10, works hard, and has good enough awareness and intelligent to be adaptable. I'd definitely like to see him in a Leeds shirt, and reckon he could make the step up to the Prem, just don't think he's got as much room for improvement as Knight or Sibley.

After yesterday's performance I'm feeling less stressed about bringing in players, but we're still injury crippled and it'd be easy to imagine a scenario in which we don't have a single fit midfielder - we're only Dallas and Klich away from that as it is - so bringing in another body is still a real priority.
We have Llorente back this week which potentially relieves Dallas from Full back duties to over elsewhere. Possibly also Bamford back in the squad.

We then don't have a game until 9th Feb when Roberts, Shackleton, Gelhardt & Cresswell may be available. Sure they wouldn't start if no other injuries but it certainly increases the match day squad.
Feeling we've ride the storm and don't need to panic buy anyone that wouldn't be first choice or potential to be.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Rumours 17/1
Leeds United have ‘made an enquiry’ for Nottingham Forest loanee Djed Spence ahead of a potential transfer, according to Sky Sports.
Tedbaker
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Tedbaker »

Selby White wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:My partner's family are all Reading fans and they really rate him and reckon he'd fit in well under Bielsa given he's not a strict 10, works hard, and has good enough awareness and intelligent to be adaptable. I'd definitely like to see him in a Leeds shirt, and reckon he could make the step up to the Prem, just don't think he's got as much room for improvement as Knight or Sibley.

We have Llorente back this week which potentially relieves Dallas from Full back duties to over elsewhere. Possibly also Bamford back in the squad.

We then don't have a game until 9th Feb when Roberts, Shackleton, Gelhardt & Cresswell may be available. Sure they wouldn't start if no other injuries but it certainly increases the match day squad.
Feeling we've ride the storm and don't need to panic buy anyone that wouldn't be first choice or potential to be.

I agree with this. I’m not sure we are in any hurry - Bate can do a job. I wouldn’t be keen on Knight or Swift blocking Bate’s progress. I watched the Nottm Forest Arsenal game and Spence played very well and looked a good wing back. It might have been the ‘magic’ of the cup though because Forest are normally average although Cooper seems to be turning them around.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Selby White wrote:

You say Roberts like that's a good thing
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Again with this reply to a post just stating fact you show your lack of understanding of the word "supporter" with your constant need to criticise and add nothing constructive to a sensible discussion on the forum.
Oh well whatever rocks your boat :yawn:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Sky Sports are reporting that we are intensifying their search for a midfielder, no names though.
Winner of the Europa League
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Been giving some thought about our needs for players and our so called "small squad" and not so sure that is now the case.
Does anyone else think that Gelhardt, Bate, Heljde & Cresswell (possibly Summerville & Greenwood) be considered as first team squad members. Have they done enough to justify it, I think so.
Do we really need players that would push our young uns down the pecking order now that have had a taste.
Our well documented injury list has been freakish but it is now improving.

The biggest hole in our squad imho is goalkeeper I'm not sure any of our young keepers are ready to step in in Ilan gets injured, my choice would be a decent journeyman experienced keeper on the bench.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Roberts had some decent games prior to his injury, not saying he would be first choice with everyone fit but did a job and any players coming back is a good thing.